Won't vibrate on any setting

gpseymour

Reaction score
I've searched this forum and elsewhere, and can find no reference to a solution for this. Most similar threads refer to a setting changing, whereas my settings all appear correct.

My Droid X no longer vibrates for any notifications (calls, text, appointments, etc.), regardless of the settings. I've checked to verify that the appropriate settings for calls, texts, etc. are set to vibrate. I've verified that the vibrate setting is set at "Only in silent mode" or "always" (same result either way).

Still nothing. No matter what settings, I never get a vibrate. I know the vibrator works, because the haptic feedback works (long press, etc.). I just can't get it to do anything for notifications.

I've tried using different methods to make the phone "silent" (rocker, slider, widgets, etc.), and have verified the vibrate settings after silencing the phone. The phone just won't vibrate. If I turn the volume up, then it will vibrate when the ringtone plays. So, I can use vibrate AND ring, but not vibrate alone.

I'm using version 2.2.1, per my phone.

Any other ideas? Anything I've missed?

OP
G

gpseymour

Reaction score
An update:
I upgraded to Gingerbread (2.3.3) today. Other than a shiny new look and a significantly slower response, the situation is unchanged. Still no vibrate unless I leave volume on. Oddly, if I set it to the lowest volume level, I get no ringtone at all (that I can detect) - just the vibration. It's as if it were using the old "vibrate" and "silent" settings from pre-Froyo, except that it _looks_ like it's doing what you'd expect in Froyo/GB.

djandj

Reaction score
I just updated to 2.3.3 and my phone will NO LONGER vibrate AT ALL! I need it to. Even with the sound. Techs - Help!

leftspin

Reaction score
I had this same problem a while back. Unfortunately, I had to SBF my phone to make it vibrate again. Give it a shot as a last resort I guess