Turning Off The Music

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I play all my music on my Bionic, but when I'm done listening to it there is no way to officially "Stop" it, I just hit the pause button, but its always in "Pause" mode ready to pick up where it left off. Thats mostly OK if I'm using the music feature, but if I'm using my Bluetooth headset(s) for a phone call and I hit the wrong button, it fires up the paused song and I have to pause it again.

This is my 3rd Droid device and they've all done this.

Is there a way to completely Stop or Close out the music feature when I'm done listening to music??

Reaction score
It depends on the app. Pandora has an exit option, but most do not. Killing the app is the only way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
Are you saying that when you open the 'Task Manager' app in your app drawer and put a checkmark in the box next to you music player that you don't get an option in the lower left of the screen to 'End Apps'? Are you on a custom rom? You can also go to settings > applications > manage applications > choose 'Running' > select your music app and stop it.

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I did all that stuff in Tasks Manager and it is still in this endless state of Pause with the same song ready to go.

What I'm looking for is a big square stop icon that basically clears what was playing and would start fresh when I open the music app at a later time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
OK, from your first post it seemed you wanted to be able to close the music app and remove it from memory. The steps I outlined do that. The music app itself retains the song you were on, but when you re-open the music app you don't have to continue with that song, you can choose another song, album, playlist, or artist to start with. That's just how it works. What button do you hit on a bluetooth call that starts your music? Does it still do that after you have stopped the music app in task manager or manage applications?