oh, the endless loop boot.....

Ocean

Reaction score
This is my first time posting, but have always received the best info from here...now on to the problem :(
My Moto droid (1st gen) is on a repeat boot screen...looping like a bad rerun of an 80's show. I have tried A.) pulling battery, B.) factory hard reset in recovery mode and cache ( which by mistake I wiped out my baseband data, but found a helpful thread here to help out...when I get to that point.). But after the factory rest, it still has the repeat boot. It is rooted. If need be I was thinking of getting an microSD reader and using the 'puter to download an update.zip......and yes, when I went to look for my back up, it was M.I.A.!!! damn....If any kind soul can help.....

illmatic636

Reaction score
if you have Clockwork Recovery then just locate the rom or the Update.zip you flash and flash right on top of it.

Otherwise try to get an SD card reader so you can drop a New Update .zip or Rom and start from scratch. This time, boot the custom rom first let it boot once before you flash a kernel. good luck,

OP
O

Ocean

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response, illmatic636!!

That's what I thought....I just wanted to know if someone knew a "secret" I didn't know :D Thanks man! off to the store.....and I am gonna have a "few" backups saved....and thanks for the Clockwork recovery suggestion.