Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

yurdle

Reaction score
One more question: since the phone is factory Gingerbread, if I flash to froyo, and go back to rooted GB, if I need to return this phone to verizon is there an SBF file to flash factory GB?? And if so, where can I find it?

Yes there is, it's in the TBH app or here

wyld

Reaction score
It is easy 20 minutes sbf reroot then install 2 part zip files

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Is there any way for someone to post or email my a bit.ly instant DL link? The stupid sonic wall at my work blocks all the sites like multiupload, etc. I'l just have to wait til they change the internet back and its unblocked. I cant DL at home cause I use tether, and I cant tether this phone as is! lol

yurdle

Reaction score
Is there any way for someone to post or email my a bit.ly instant DL link? The stupid sonic wall at my work blocks all the sites like multiupload, etc. I'l just have to wait til they change the internet back and its unblocked. I cant DL at home cause I use tether, and I cant tether this phone as is! lol

Sending you a pm with a link to my server... the file is uploading now, so I'll send you to link when its done.

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Wtf?? You can't use wireless tether anymore??

So after 24 hours of battles with my phone, and the surrounding elements I finally got GB rooted installed on my phone! I like the fact it uses launcher pro cause I already have the pro key and custom set ups. That being said, I can't tell any other difference except that when I start my wireless tether, the Verizon webpage comes up as if I was using the HotSpot without a plan. Why is this?? I also used root uninstaller as well as bloat freezer to try and get rid of the hotspot, and that didnt work either. Is this Verizons way of trying to prevent tethering? Can someone recommend another program that works just as well, even if its not free?

Also, some of the apps I have purchased apparently aren't registering with the new OS cause it doesn't recognize my email address or something.

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Hdmi??!!?!

So one of the things that I wasn't super happy about was the fact that with a rooter & rom'd X, the HDMI streaming feature wont work; only with stock. And on top of that, it's not even that easy to use!

So, has anyone tried and had success using the HDMI when you're running rooted 4.5.596??

CP6608

Reaction score
I ask currently running cm7 and want to flag the rooted gb. How would I go about this? Do I need to sbf? Or can I just download the two part file and flash?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

S4mt3k

Reaction score
Hey guys, a little help here please;

Rooted my phone once a while ago, phone's been FC-ing, slow, rebooting... So I decided to go to GB since my wife's non-rooted, non-moded phone works better than mine at this point. So, I read that I need to go back to Froyo before going to GB. I downloaded VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf & used RSD Lite 4.8 to load that on my phone. Rebooted, seemed like it worked. Downloaded the Deodexed 595 (from link here), used Clockwork, loaded the zip, rebooted, got stuck in a boot loop. No amount of factory resetting or cache wiping has helped.

Now, I understand the concept of rooting however I might have very well missed something that's version specific/related. I am currently re-loading VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf using RSD Lite to get my phone to get out of the boot loop. Hope that works. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Just did the whole thing again with the same result.... Reloading VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf for the 3rd time now, I'm just gonna see if I can do the GB update thru phone's system update.

Last edited:

Section8

Reaction score
Need some help. I like using the multi touch keyboard however just this morning it is really making me mad. I can only get a weird our two in and if I hit the spacebar it closes the keyboard. So I have to re hit the space to open keyboard and again no matter what do it closes the keyboard after hiting the space bar. I am using swype now just fine. I dont mind it but I an a two finger typer! I will update the new version but I had this running perfect for a month and by far best rom ever. Battery everything is just so smooth hope the new versions work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I also ran into this issue and had to go to Applications->Manage Applications->All->Multi-Touch Keyboard and then clear the Data to get it working properly again. I did that a week ago and so far it has been good.