Official Release Date Finally Announced

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
I was just glad to see it finally announced. I have a Droid 2, but not sure how long after release I want to wait. Will there be bugs, will it go global, if so, how quickly, do I really need global, etc?

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I was just glad to see it finally announced. I have a Droid 2, but not sure how long after release I want to wait. Will there be bugs, will it go global, if so, how quickly, do I really need global, etc?
honestly most poeple on here are moaning and whining about the droid 4 global capabilities. I really wonder how many people really even use it or have ever used it. its like buying a truck to tow a boat and not having a boat to tow. I also have found global plans are very expensive for the most part. you cant really get a pay as you go for very cheap, and forget data canada was a ton for that.

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
That's why I was kind of thinking lack of global shouldn't play into my decision process. I haven't been out of the country in a long time. Maybe for a cruise soon, but not now.

Benton

Reaction score
Global is important to travelers, especially business travelers that do international business. I have a GSM account with Vodaphone and CDMA with Verizon and with the D2G I can use both in one phone. I like the ability to keep all my data and accessories for one device, just removed the original SIM and replaced with the Vodaphone one. Going to a non-global device will push me back to carrying two devices, accessories and worse of all- manually transferring data again...I got spoiled and don't want to go back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Global is a big deal for me but I'm not sure how much yet. I am going to be going overseas a ton in the next year so I do want to have it, if nothing else just to have it so I have the ability to use my phone overseas and I really wish the D4 had it although I do know there is a rumor it might get it with a software update or some such. But then if it is a software global it is probably going to be Vodaphone only.

blackmagick20

Reaction score
honestly most poeple on here are moaning and whining about the droid 4 global capabilities. I really wonder how many people really even use it or have ever used it. its like buying a truck to tow a boat and not having a boat to tow. I also have found global plans are very expensive for the most part. you cant really get a pay as you go for very cheap, and forget data canada was a ton for that.

I'm pretty sure these forums are made for people who whine, complain, or have no common sense and need someone to search the internet for them or need them to make a decision for them

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these forums are made for people who whine, complain, or have no common sense and need someone to search the internet for them or need them to make a decision for them

Agreed, it is worse on car forums though... and yeah after a ton of research I for sure would not see a point to upgrading if I already had a Droid 3. Only BIG thing is 4g which I do not have here for at least another year. 512 ram is good for now, screen is the same, it is global, battery is removable and its free. It'll also get ics too via an ota or cyanogenmod so that is not a concern either.

I think a bigger problem honestly is that so many people just run out and buy the "newest" thing and then realize that it is a meh upgrade and then come on here and *****. There is a reason a bunch of ppl still have their OG Droid going on 3 years... we still have ours as a backup phone loaded with cm7 and it is more than good for daily use if need be.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score

sometimes they don't want someone to make the decision but help them decide. Nothing wrong with that.
And I've heard you whine and complain, even about the Droid 4. Please refer to this thread and reread your very long sentences. [h=3]:biggrin:
Motorola Droid 4 Already Reviewed by Wirefly (Video)
[/h]

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I don't remember this video being on that link
[video=youtube;GHNZlpwBx4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GHNZlpwBx4o#![/video]

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
sometimes they don't want someone to make the decision but help them decide. Nothing wrong with that.

Thank you. That's all I was looking for in my posts and this person had gone so far as to imply I was mentally challenged as to even ask a certain question (got an e-mail with that in it, not sure they pulled it down or an admin did).