Verizon Officially Confirms February 24th for Xoom Ship Date - sans Flash

CrownMyCoke

Reaction score
So let me get this straight: All of the Xoom's that are being released have WiFi ability but you will need to do atleast a month data plan to "unlock" the WiFi capability? Wonder how long it will take for someone to "unlock" it without doing that...

RemyL75

Reaction score
Well if they are offering a discount of 200 for 2 years, then I can get behind that. They didn't do that with the Galaxy Tab, and they still want $500 for it. Not worried about the 20/month plan as I have a mifi and can just upgrade it. So all in all it's not a bad deal for me. I can't speak for everyone else though.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
So let me get this straight: All of the Xoom's that are being released have WiFi ability but you will need to do atleast a month data plan to "unlock" the WiFi capability? Wonder how long it will take for someone to "unlock" it without doing that...

I don't think that it matters, because I don't think that Verizon will sell you the XOOM without charging you for 1 month of data. Therefore you pay the $20 whether someone unlocks it or not.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I won an iPad. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for one, but I was hoping to sell it to contribute to Xoom funds. After having the iPad for a while, it is amazing how many sites that you run into that need Flash.