Official Gingerbread for D2 has been officially rooted!

NickZee10

Reaction score
All my friends with the Droid 2 have been showing me the Official GB and they all love it.

I was kind of wondering the same thing, or if the next Liberty will be based off the official one.

s1nner

Reaction score
Sweet! I'm waiting for Liberty GB v1.0 to be released by Jrummy before I do install the official update. However, if someone tries installing Liberty GB v0.9 on to the official GB update and it works, let us know!

turlian

Reaction score
Anybody know if the official D2 GB load has SIP calling available? This would be the one feature that would get be to move off of Liberty.

s1nner

Reaction score
I dont see why it wouldnt work since V0.9 is on GB leak.

Liberty GB v0.9 is based on old GB leak for Droid 2. Jrummy said that Liberty GB v1.0 will be based on new Official GB update that just came out last week. I think I'm going to SBF back to stock and take the update, then just re-root. I'll wait until Liberty GB v1.0 comes out to put a custom ROM on it. I heard that the the new version of MotoBlur GB isn't so bad.

HutRU01

Reaction score
Sweet! I'm waiting for Liberty GB v1.0 to be released by Jrummy before I do install the official update.

+1

IMO, it is too much hassle to SBF to stock just to get an OTA update that will require rooting and be stuffed with stock crap I don't need or want.

s1nner

Reaction score
+1

IMO, it is too much hassle to SBF to stock just to get an OTA update that will require rooting and be stuffed with stock crap I don't need or want.

I actually SBF'd over the weekend, because Liberty GB v0.9 was just becoming too unstable, and I need the stability for work. The Official GB update is actually not that bad! Obviously, I like some of the features of Liberty, but this will do until Liberty GB v1.0 is released and proven to be stable enough for my work use. Root Explorer helped me get rid of most of the bloatware that Verizon bundled with the update.

That being said, can't wait for Jrummy to release Liberty GB v1.0!

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
So you're saying this will do forever? Because that 1.0 is looking less and less likely to happen