DROIDX2 Gingerbread Update Appears to Be Ready, Newest Version of Blur Included

barski

Reaction score

The soak test for the DROIDX2 and its Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update started at the end of last week, so seeing the official documents for it on Verizon’s site today should mean that it passed. It’s also looking like the DX2 will receive the same version of Blur that can be found on the DROID3. This would be the newest version that comes with fancy 3D animations and additional tweaks to make it much more appealing to even Android addicts like myself. You can click on both the image up top and the one below to see the full changelog. It’s definitely packing in a ton of bug fixes along with those UI enhancements.
*Note – I just checked my DX2 for an update and nothing was there. Could be a day or two away still.
Page 2 after the break.

And the old Blur changing into the new Blur (check out the icon set):

More info.

Source: Droid-Life

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I just borrowed mine out to a friend whos droid x died. When i get it back I'm definitely updating it to Gingerbread. Looks like a very cool update, and i gotta try it out. dancedroid

infinity8x3

Reaction score
No update on my end ether... Hope fully there will be a flashable pre rooted rom that's all i want because i have never been on gb before so that will be new enough for now lol just need root.

I miss the days of the OG droid getting leaks on the regular :(

masters

Reaction score
No update on my end ether... Hope fully there will be a flashable pre rooted rom that's all i want because i have never been on gb before so that will be new enough for now lol just need root.

I miss the days of the OG droid getting leaks on the regular :(

I miss Gingerbread had it on the original droid, the multi-txts are starting to get to me..

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm rooted and will gladly accept the update. I hope they have fixed the bugs , like the ram issues and the faulty keyboard .

mike

Reaction score
I followed the instructions, but System Updates is greyed out. I guess that means it's not available for me yet.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
I know I have to SBF back to stock before I can accept the OTA, but will it still notify me if I manually check the system update?

Does that make sense? I'm wondering if I have to revert back to stock and then start spamming the update button... Or will I see it when rooted/running a custom ROM?

gardy0701

Reaction score
I know I have to SBF back to stock before I can accept the OTA, but will it still notify me if I manually check the system update?

Does that make sense? I'm wondering if I have to revert back to stock and then start spamming the update button... Or will I see it when rooted/running a custom ROM?

As far as I have seen it seems like even if rooted it will work, having a custom ROM may be a different story because there is a system program or file that is considered "Bloat" that is needed for the OTA.

I wouldn't consider it a bloat kind of thing but I do understand if people wouldn't want an OTA on a ROMed device.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

wrxman17

Reaction score
Hi so I'm rooted with no rom flashed. Do I need to do a sbf? Can I just unroot and unfreeze my bloat.... Do I have to unfreeze all of it?

myriad46

Reaction score
The soak has yet to start. There was an email indicating that they were ready and an email a few days later saying that they weren't ready. No soak yet. I'm not sure what that means.

Also, why don't people realize that the "Check for updates" only has something in it when you get a notification and clear it so that you can do it later. Going into About phone and looking will not make it actually look on the server or anything like that. So everybody stop doing it every 5 minutes. You'll get a notification when they push it to you.

gardy0701

Reaction score
Hi so I'm rooted with no rom flashed. Do I need to do a sbf? Can I just unroot and unfreeze my bloat.... Do I have to unfreeze all of it?

From what I have read on XDA and other such forums unless you are on a custom ROM that has removed things you won't need to SBF.

I do remember them mentioning de frosting everything. I have already done that, and I am still running quite smoothly.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Rumor was the soak test was going to start on Friday, but not sure now that an email circulated saying it was not ready. Hopefully soon, but worth the wait if it fixes the bugs.