OCing question.

Lunatics

Reaction score
I downloaded setCPU the other day from the market but I'm not sure how to go about using it. The bar caps out at 1.2ghz so I was wondering what do you have to do or how do you go about actually over clocking it? Or better yet, are there any good guides out there on how to set it up and set up profiles for either the global or just in general?

biknut1

Reaction score
SetCPU

Or better yet, are there any good guides out there on how to set it up and set up profiles for either the global or just in general?

Look on this DF forum, D2G, My Battery Life Write Up Sticky. NiceGuysFinishLast has done an excellent job on explaining how to use SetCPU, as well as some other settings if you are looking to save battery life.

dbst

Reaction score
You will need an actual overclocking app like Quickclock or JRummy's Droid Overclock, SetCPU is used for setting frequencies and using profiles

leobg

Reaction score
You will need an actual overclocking app like Quickclock or JRummy's Droid Overclock, SetCPU is used for setting frequencies and using profiles

JRummy's Droid Overclock can perform same function as SetCPU, including profiles and all that. Overclocking function does not work very well for me. I am actually using the profiles option only to underclock under certain conditions, which actually gives me on average 25% longer battery life compared to stock. I use jrummys as I had paid for it anyways already.
If you need profiles only, SetCPU is the way to go, if you want to try over/under-volting/clocking- droid overclock by JRummy. Again - D2G support is not stable, at best...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

dbst

Reaction score

JRummy's Droid Overclock can perform same function as SetCPU, including profiles and all that. Overclocking function does not work very well for me. I am actually using the profiles option only to underclock under certain conditions, which actually gives me on average 25% longer battery life compared to stock. I use jrummys as I had paid for it anyways already.
If you need profiles only, SetCPU is the way to go, if you want to try over/under-volting/clocking- droid overclock by JRummy. Again - D2G support is not stable, at best...

Yea but SetCPU can't actually overclock like JRummy's app or quickclock

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
L

Lunatics

Reaction score
I downloaded JRummys app however I think I'm just retarded. I got profiles working in it and set cpu and what not, however the cap is always at 1.2 ghz. What am I missing to do the actual OCing?

wakeskater17

Reaction score
I downloaded JRummys app however I think I'm just retarded. I got profiles working in it and set cpu and what not, however the cap is always at 1.2 ghz. What am I missing to do the actual OCing?

You can't overclock the D2G with setcpu. You can underclock it, and set profiles, but no overclocking or changing voltages.

I think the only way to OC it is to use jrummy's app. I'm not 100% sure about that though, there may other apps.

leobg

Reaction score
I believe you need to enable experimental module in settings in order to be able to OC the D2G.
I,however, never had success with overclocking. But phone is fast enough to not require any overclocking IMO. As I said I ended up using profiles part only of JRummy's app.