Good Band Thread

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I figure I might like to play me some blues...sorry..couldn't resist..I actually love playing the blues..and then you throw in a bunch of wrong notes and call it jazz...lmao sorry..I actually like jazz too..it really helps expand your tonal knowledge and mapping with chord progressions..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Funny you should say that! Mapping chord progressions was on my list of things to do today.
Gonna do a little noodling?? I probably will tonight...I have a gig Friday

Reactions: cr6

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, so these guys are not super obscure...but not super well known either; and have been mentioned already. But, to keep this thread alive...a newer song from Clutch. Been jamming this every morning in my rental car this past week.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, another band that may not be "obscure" but not really a household name either. Remake of a classic tune and a pretty cool video.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
One of my all-time favorite covers! You gotta dig deeper Sajo.
I will try! Just trying to keep this going and share some cool tunes (or maybe cool).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just heard these guys on a local college radio station. Never heard of them until that.
Thought to myself :
"Did it have to be 5 finger DP? Could you really death punch with 3 fingers? or 4? Wouldn't you need 5? Wouldn't just plain Death Punch have been good?"
:D
#RandomPereThoughts

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I will try! Just trying to keep this going and share some cool tunes (or maybe cool).

What's not cool is you shared it while I'm in my office at the nursing home with my door mostly open, so I had to turn it down...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
OK, another band that may not be "obscure" but not really a household name either. Remake of a classic tune and a pretty cool video.

Wow, had that album back in the day. Video gives a whole new perspective to the song. Perfect for today. Happy Veterans' Day! Thank you to all the veterans who have served, are still serving and have sacrificed their lives through our US history so that we can enjoy the freedoms we often take for granted.

edit: should clarify... I had the original, Bad Company, album. Didn't realize this was a remake. Never heard of Five Finger Punch... till now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Forgive me if I've already shared this one, but here's another of my favorite covers. Still the only song I REALLY know by these guys. Probably helps that I liked the song in the movie "O Brother, Where art Though?"

I also like this one, though I can't really say I liked the original here.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Forgive me if I've already shared this one, but here's another of my favorite covers. Still the only song I REALLY know by these guys. Probably helps that I liked the song in the movie "O Brother, Where art Though?"

I also like this one, though I can't really say I liked the original here.
We talked about it somewhere before, but not this thread. I like that version also, and the original from the movie always cracks me up...the looks on their faces while lip syncing is awesome.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not sure if I mentioned how much into the Blues I am? Started by being dragged to a BB King concert. This opened my eyes to a (not obscure) Kenny Wayne Shepherd and the blues filled my soul from that day forward.

On my blues hunt I found one of the most incredible female singers I've ever heard. She's been compared to Janis by some. She's probably not very obscure to most of you, as she has won a grammy, but I'm guessing you haven't heard many of her songs.
Susan Tedeshi. This is my favorite of hers that I am 95% sure you have not heard. Stay til the end if you can. She really shows her vocal chops in this tune, but really goes nuts towards the end.

A few years ago she met and married someone that may or may not be obscure to you: Derek Trucks.
She scrapped her solo career, which kind of bummed me out, and joined his band and became Tedeshi Trucks Band.
They continue to make great music (but I miss some of her older stuff when I see them live which has been 3 times now).