Notification bar change

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've posted a few threads asking how in detail to change my notifiaction bar theme, but no one has really instructed me how. I'm a total noob and I need it explained in detail. Is there anyone out there that can take the time to show me how? I have a rooted d2 and have downloaded metamorph and Ninjamorph, plus a watermarkd theme. Any help would be so awesome!!!

Sent from my rooted DROID2

roboots21

Reaction score
Quick version:

Using Ninjamorph, create a new project and extract the framework_res.apk. You should be able to browse to the system/framework folder within Ninjamorph and find it. It will extract to a folder on the SDCard (android_themes or something).

Connect the phone to your PC as USB Mass Storage. Extract the Watermark'd theme using a zip extractor, and then extract the framework_res.apk from within using a zip extractor (have to manually open it in WinZip or the like).

Once you have done this open the drawable_hdpi (I think*) folder in the android_themes/workspace/frameworkres_apk (I think that's it) and the drawable_hdpi folder in the watermark'd extracted framework_res.apk folder.

I place the folders side by side on my desktop and then go through and use the icons I want from the Watermark'd theme or the like and then drag them into the folder on your SDCard. You can basically change any icons in there with the icons of the same name from other themes.

Once you complete that, go back into Ninjamorph, Click Finish Project, and then click the framework_resapk project. It will compile the framework_res.apk back up and it will replace the existing one in the system/framework folder. It will reboot or you will have to reboot to see the changes.

That has worked for me many times, and I am going off of memory here. I hope this helps!

BTW, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! Always do this when messing around with system files. :)

-iD

Reaction score
Ignore

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great explanation! Thanks im gonna try it

-iD

Reaction score
Lol no the thread is Fine. A spammer had posted and I heckled him, then his spam was deleted, so it looked like my comments were directed at the OP so I edited. Please just ignore my post and carry on!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
anyone know how to change the clock color?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Says the web page is not available

roboots21

Reaction score
For some reason it opens from the website, but not the forums app .. ah there is an extra http tacked on there .. remove it and it should be good. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums