status/notification bar change to black?

Rufus65

Reaction score
is their any way, hacking or installing a mod, to change the status/notification bar on my D2 to black, or even invert the color of the bar? im kinda sick of white and i'd like to change it to black, if possible...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I believe there's metamorphs for that on droidpirate.com. If not, there's ways to make your own. You just need to be rooted, of course :)

Sent via DROID

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
i am currently rooted, and i was hoping for some helpful links to some How-TOs and what not.
I am new to the whole "rooted droid" aspect; with that in mind, what do you mean by metamorphs? links would much appreciated... =]

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
First you'll need metamorph from the market. The free version will do. There's also how-to videos on YouTube for metamorph. Then check out droidpirate.com. There's instructions there.

Sent via DROID

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's super easy. I was asking these questions for a while thinking it would be really hard but it's not. Go to droidpirate.com go to the notification bar section. Download black status bar black zip. Keep it zipped and get metamorph. Open it and select new theme (left box). You will need to make sure you have a folder called AndroidThemes (i think metamorph installs one for you. Once you click new theme metamorph will open your android themes folder which will contain your downloaded zip files (themes). Click the one you want and hit apply all. It will install and you will have to reboot. I have a black bar zip if you want it. I'll pm it to you

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check your pm box

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
thanks, all these posts really helped, and it wasnt even hard; like idopa said...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it! Meta is awesome.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
Now I another issue, nandroid won't create a backup for me; I want to backup my phone before I apply the morph; here's what I did, I downloaded and installed ROM Manager by clockwork, opened ROM Manager downloaded the droid 2 flash clockworkMOD recovery successfully, then went to "Backup current ROM", this is where the problem is; when the backup proccess happens my screen goes black for 5 seconds, then it just reboots and acts normal, and no backup was made... what's the problem?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
You shouldn't need rom manager. Just get bootstrapper from the market and try that. Then use bootstrapper to boot to recovery. Rom manager is known as to have issues.

Sent via DROID

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have a d2 right? Throw rom manager out the window. You need d2 bootstrap recovery app. You need to bootstrap recovery before you can get into clockwork to make a backup.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need rom manager. Just get bootstrapper from the market and try that. Then use bootstrapper to boot to recovery. Rom manager is known as to have issues.

Sent via DROID

Beat me to it!