Notification Alert - Custom sound possible?

AcidBurn

Reaction score
I created the root folders and still no dice..

Edit: I got it to work with Astro as well.

Last edited:

vonblue

Reaction score
I was able to get my ringtone into the Notification selections, but I have selected it and my text messages still play with the original tone. What the hell is going on with that? None of my notifications play my selected tone, I have no idea how to fix it. Any clues?

Buckweat

Reaction score
custom sounds

Can you guys give me a step by step on how to create a folder in the dir of my SDcard so i can make one of my d/l sounds as my notification tone?? i have this wicked metal gear codec sample \m/

Last edited:

Tegamal

Reaction score
I had that codec as my text for a while, then when MGS4 came out, I had to change it because I kept reaching for my phone! Haha

...and my wife thought I was a huge geek...

Buckweat

Reaction score
haha! thats funny. but could you help me on how to do it. i d/l the astro app. and not sure how to designate what sounds to go where. i would really appreciate the help

Tegamal

Reaction score
Plug your Droid into the PC, then in your notification area, drag down the menu & hit USB connected & choose Mount from the options.

Then, create a folder called "notifications" (minus the " ", of course, lower case N) & drag & drop it there. That's all I did.

Also try Mabilo Ringtones (free in the Market) & search for it there. That stores ringtones in the app & lets you set to either ringtone or notification.

zakany

Reaction score
I find it easiest to plug my Droid into my PC. Mount the SD card. Create folders on the SD card with the PC, drag files, etc. Then, when you're all done with that step, unmount the SD card.

You see, either the phone or the computer can "see" the SD card at any one time.

It can be confusing to put a file on the phone with a PC, then you can't see it on the phone. You have to unmount the SD card from the PC first.

Buckweat

Reaction score
Wicked bro! totally worked. thanks Tegamal! It was super easy that way. :yeahbaby01:

Last edited:

Tegamal

Reaction score
Glad I could help, just don't get on one knee & put your finger to your ear to answer your texts.

Trust me, you'll get looks...

thflroes

Reaction score
I put a dir called notifications in the root of my sd card and i still cant see it in the notifications on my messaging.

a reboot fixed my problem!!! once i copied everything in i rebooted and they came up afte rthat!

xliderider

Reaction score
The notifications folder doesn't have to be in the root directory for it to work.

I have a folder called Media with the following folders in it: Ringtones, Notifications, Videos, and Pictures.

jems

Reaction score
A bit late on this discussion, but just wanted to add something interesting in case anyone had the same issue I had. I just got a Cliq 2 and spent several hours trying to get my own mp3s to play for 'notification' and 'ringtone'. I downloaded a program called "Rings Extended" from the 'Market' which allowed me to navigate to files in the sounds/notifications and sounds/ringtones section. I was able to select my mp3, and could play it as a test on the phone during the selection phase, but it would still never actually play during the notification or the phone call. So, I followed someone's advice above, and made: /media/disk/notifications /media/disk/ringtones (I'm using linux, so basically I created a 'notifications' and 'ringtones' directory/folder at the root of the device) and copied my files into those directories. Upon doing this, the sounds became visible/selectable via the normal notification/ringtone selector. And, most importantly, they played when notifications/calls came in. Thanks for the info!