1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Custom Notification RingTones, possible?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cdel71, Dec 2, 2009.

1. cdel71

cdel71 New Member

Sorry if this has been asked. I used the search but came up empty on this.

I realize I can create a custom ringtone, and those I can find, and use no problem. My issue is Custom Ringtones to be used for notifications.
    Notification ringtones and Phone Ringtones apparently are 2 totally different things.

With "ringdroid" I can create a custom phone ringtone, but those custom ringtones only show up as phone ringtones, not notification ringtones.
    How do I add a custom notification ringtone? Am I missing something very simple here, or is this not possible?
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

It is very simple. On your SD card create directories called ringtones and notifications. Anything you put in there should show up when you go to select a ringtone/notification.

Not sure if you can do notifications directly from ringdroid.
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

yuppers. just create a folder on you SD card 'notifications'. (I keep ringtones and notifications as two separate folders, just me) When you go to select a notification in settings under whatever app you're in the new notification will be available.
  4. cdel71

cdel71 New Member

Sweet, I knew someone would have the answer. That worked!
    I created those directories (specifically "notifications") copied my custom .ogg and bingo, there's my custom notification ringtone.
    Probably should have read the thread about directories that the droid will read automatically... I bet that was in there!

Thanks again!