Custom Notification RingTones, possible?

cdel71

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked. I used the search but came up empty on this.

I realize I can create a custom ringtone, and those I can find, and use no problem. My issue is Custom Ringtones to be used for notifications.
Notification ringtones and Phone Ringtones apparently are 2 totally different things.

With "ringdroid" I can create a custom phone ringtone, but those custom ringtones only show up as phone ringtones, not notification ringtones.
How do I add a custom notification ringtone? Am I missing something very simple here, or is this not possible?

Last edited:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
It is very simple. On your SD card create directories called ringtones and notifications. Anything you put in there should show up when you go to select a ringtone/notification.

Not sure if you can do notifications directly from ringdroid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is very simple. On your SD card create directories called ringtones and notifications. Anything you put in there should show up when you go to select a ringtone/notification.

Not sure if you can do notifications directly from ringdroid.

yuppers. just create a folder on you SD card 'notifications'. (I keep ringtones and notifications as two separate folders, just me) When you go to select a notification in settings under whatever app you're in the new notification will be available.

OP
C

cdel71

Reaction score
Sweet, I knew someone would have the answer. That worked!
I created those directories (specifically "notifications") copied my custom .ogg and bingo, there's my custom notification ringtone.
Probably should have read the thread about directories that the droid will read automatically... I bet that was in there!

Thanks again!