Reminder alerts

jweber

Reaction score
I have been looking around trying to find reminder alerts for incomming messages... I get the notification alert when I get an email, text, vmail but I noticed it only beeps 1 time. Has anyone found a setting for it to remind you every xx minutes until you notice it?

even my dumbest of phones had that option.

OP
J

jweber

Reaction score
Nevermind... Handcent was able to give me the alerts I was looking for and them some. Excellent SMS app.

DarthByza

Reaction score
Hello. Is there any way you could let me know how to set that notification. I keep missing messages 'cause I don't even know they're there. Please help.

With all respect.

Twoo

Reaction score
Hello. Is there any way you could let me know how to set that notification. I keep missing messages 'cause I don't even know they're there. Please help.

With all respect.

It will only beep once, but if you don't check it the phone will emit a green flashing light on the top right letting you know you have a new message.

DarthByza

Reaction score
That is terrible! All this technology and I have to walk over to my Droid to check and see if I missed anything. That really sucks. That's like not having a cup holder in a brand new BMW. How could they have missed that??? That bums me out.

Thanks Twoo.

slammed

Reaction score
That is terrible! All this technology and I have to walk over to my Droid to check and see if I missed anything. That really sucks. That's like not having a cup holder in a brand new BMW. How could they have missed that??? That bums me out.

Thanks Twoo.

you need to download an app that will allow you to set notifications.

DarthByza

Reaction score
Is this something I can do at the Verizon store tomorrow or is there a reliable one that some of you know about? If so, can anyone recommend which one and how I can do it?
Thank you.

slammed

Reaction score
alot of people use handcent, i use sms popup. but you will have to try each one out and see which one fits you. you just download it from the marketplace.

to set it up just hit menu in the app and goto settings. then set it up to how you want.

slammed

Reaction score
i just havent played with it yet. found sms popup and left it at that.

im trying to not play on the phone to much.....wifey already thinks i play on it to much.
but ill need to try it out since alot of people like it.

DarthByza

Reaction score
I just keep missing alerts. My LG Voyager would always remind me and as you know, if you miss a text or a call and your phone doesn't remind you, there is one upset woman on the other side of that call waiting and wondering. LOL!!!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i haven't tried sms popup, but i really really like handcent. it has a nice feature: voice to text. it means i can text while driving! i haven't played with the notifications options though..
edit: just checked for ya.. if you go into notification settings in handcent, there is an option for reminders. try it!

slammed

Reaction score
sms popup has the voice to text as well. it also has the reminder option in settings.

you just have to try them and pick the one you like the best.

DarthByza

Reaction score
Thanx Sam. I just looked at all the reviews for both. I'll check it out. SLammer, can you set a specific ringtone as a reminder, such as the droid sound, or will it just keep beeping until you pick up the phone and check messages?

This should be my last question. lol.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no prob! i'm gonna try out the other one too. good luck!