Handcent won't use seperate reminder tone

PaulQ

Reaction score
I installed Handcent SMS for my text messages. I disabled the built-in text message tone. I set Handcent to use one sound for the initial alert then a different sound for the reminder tone.

It just uses the initial reminder tone as the reminder. So I get the one tone over and over.

Anyone else having this problem or figured a way around it?

Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this. Open the app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notification settings, tap notifications settings, scroll to reminders, tap reminders, tap special reminder sound, tap reminder sound.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
Try this. Open the app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notification settings, tap notifications settings, scroll to reminders, tap reminders, tap special reminder sound, tap reminder sound.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

Mike.... Way ahead of you. Already did that. Played around with the setting a little too. It just keeps playing the initial sound over.

Is it working right for you?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

Mike.... Way ahead of you. Already did that. Played around with the setting a little too. It just keeps playing the initial sound over.

Is it working right for you?

No, I do not have a follow up notification set. Sorry I'm out of ideas on this one.

Mike