Not-so-hi-def?

Reaction score
Best cam on a phone that ive had.....and ive had the incredible so id say its a good 1.

* Did you do anything special? I have the Inc and the X in my possession. The Inc takes waay better photos. Not just my opinion, but also the opinion of those I respect. And I am not comparing it to a DSLR. cell phone to cell phone.*

* I don't want to start a pi~~ing contest. Just wondering if you did anything to get the camera to 1) focus - dragging that box around does nothing for me, and 2) generate a sharp picture. All of my photos look like I am looking at the thumbnails instead of the picture itself.

* Actually... Is that possible? After taking a photo, I press on the thumbnail of photos in bottom left of phone. *brings me to a 'roll'. *I select the photo I want to see. *And it looks like I have digitally zoomed 1 too many times. *

same photo, same lighting, same subject, auto all the way (i'm not a photographer and can use all the help I can get), D.Inc. looks a little over-saturated, but spot on for sharpness / focus. *D.X looks washed out and out of focus.

your thoughts are appreciated.

Reaction score
Best cam on a phone that ive had.....and ive had the incredible so id say its a good 1.

* Did you do anything special? I have the Inc and the X in my possession. The Inc takes waay better photos. Not just my opinion, but also the opinion of those I respect. And I am not comparing it to a DSLR. cell phone to cell phone.*

* I don't want to start a pi~~ing contest. Just wondering if you did anything to get the camera to 1) focus - dragging that box around does nothing for me, and 2) generate a sharp picture. All of my photos look like I am looking at the thumbnails instead of the picture itself.

* Actually... Is that possible? After taking a photo, I press on the thumbnail of photos in bottom left of phone. *brings me to a 'roll'. *I select the photo I want to see. *And it looks like I have digitally zoomed 1 too many times. *

same photo, same lighting, same subject, auto all the way (i'm not a photographer and can use all the help I can get), D.Inc. looks a little over-saturated, but spot on for sharpness / focus. *D.X looks washed out and out of focus.

your thoughts are appreciated.

what's up with the '*'???

bad4u

Reaction score
I too have the Inc and the X in my possesion, also the Inc is rooted with the 720 updade.

The Inc takes far better pics, not in the slightest is it grainy, I dont give a damn about MP's but what is making the Inc have better pics?

I have tried every setting I can in every type of light still cant get it close to the Inc. :icon_evil:

sda

Reaction score
Last weekend I went on a hiking trip and took over 70 snaps and about 10 1-2 minute video clips with my DX. I was extremely satisfied with the results (kind of expected since I used a Curve 8320 before this). However, do note that this was the most ideal location for optimal phone camera performance, i.e. plenty of light, outdoors etc.

I have found the DX camera lacking in two areas:
1. low light conditions: pics are extremely grainy, most to the point of being unusable
2. close-range shots: anything less than a foot-and-half away from the lens is very likely to be blurred. I took a couple of pics of myself holding the phone the other way and they were out of focus. I got the same results with any macro shots I tried.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Grainy is usually a lighting issue. 720P is the phone abilty to record and play something not a measure of how well it records it on there.

Quoted for truth. 720p looks good on paper, and is good for marketing. But all it really means is the frame size is 1280x720 pixels and the video is progressive, not interlaced. They make no claim as to how good those 921,600 pixels are going to look as an image.

Reaction score
When it comes down to it, video is all about telling the best story that you can with the equipment that you have available to you. I recently shot a project for Ducati. We were shooting on Canon 5DIIs (sick dslr) and Ducati also had another team up there with 4 iphone 4s. Honestly they ended up with a better video because they captured a much better story. Does are video quality blow theirs away? Maybe, but it doesn't matter because their story is rock solid! Not to mention they knew the limitations of the phone and shot around those limitations, just as I have learned to do with the dslrs. They did an amazing job with this video you should check out the link below, all iphone 4 footage. BTW I am not singing any apple praises here, I have been perfectly happy with the video from my dx.

[video=youtube;o5JQdgvzuL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata&v=o5JQdgvzuL0[/video]

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6thgear

Reaction score
I noticed this too, very grainy. its because the the frames per second is very low.

Reaction score
I noticed this too, very grainy. its because the the frames per second is very low.

Frame rate has nothing to do with grain, and it's 30fps anyway. Grain is a product of gain/iso. Its called people are trying shoot in their houses with available light, low light. Adequate light is always a requirement for great looking video no matter what camera.

Edit: DX shoots 24fps in adequate light. Even better! Film frame rate and smaller file size.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rothnic

Reaction score
This is a video I took this weekend in not the best lighting conditions, and it turned out pretty good: [video=youtube;zqhSqqC5pBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqhSqqC5pBg]YouTube - Tanner, AL Tractor Pull - 7/31/10 - 5[/video]

There are others associated with my youtube account.

Reaction score
I too have the Inc and the X in my possesion, also the Inc is rooted with the 720 updade.

The Inc takes far better pics, not in the slightest is it grainy, I dont give a damn about MP's but what is making the Inc have better pics?

I have tried every setting I can in every type of light still cant get it close to the Inc. :icon_evil:

Don't know. *but wish I did. *Point and Shoot has the same 3 letters as PoS. *I get it. *but one (D.Inc) point and shoot pics are way better than X point and shoot pics.

good luck to you. *and if you find a solution, please post. *I'll do the same.