Camera taking crappy pics, and never used to... all since GB

ChadJ55

Reaction score
In my opinion the camera on the Droid X has not taken good pictures since I've had it. The pictures are ok. My original Droid took better pics. I'm not big on taking pics using a phone camera anyway so its no big deal to me.

I agree. On the other hand, have you seen the pictures that the (dare I say it) iPhone 4 takes? Blows away the X. My buddy has the iP4 and we always compare pictures in different settings just to see the difference. In very good lighting, the two are comparable (iP4 a hair sharper when zooming in) but in low light, there is no comparison. The DX cannot take a low light picture, regardless of flash, period, end of story. iP4 on the other hand looks great in low light. Still prefer my X, but man... they missed the boat on the camera.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Mine still takes great pics. probably better than froyo ever did.
this is coming from a factory reset and fresh install of rooted GB.
if you didn't do a factory reset before applying the OTA, i would do that and see if it fixes your problem.

and the reason everyone is so anxious for the update is because the ppl that post on here the most are enthusiests, and after the update all the "noobs" come out and start complaining about how their phone looks different, and they dont know how to use it now.

GB is a SERIOUS improvement over Froyo. my phone is faster, smoother, looks better, nicer camera, and has better recetption than it ever did on Froyo.

Beka27

Reaction score
My camera is also better with GB (rooted). Mind you... it's still not ***AMAZING***, but it's better.

I do use my phone camera quite a bit, simply because I'm not a professional photographer and I can't see the point in carrying my digital camera and my phone everywhere I go.

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Thanks rjw. He was a pound puppy that had been abused, bit completely different dog now! The black headed trial was a pound puppy too.

I will double check all settings again. Tried it again today, got literally two good pics and everything else was washed out... and I physically changed nothing, not even my position or the cameras position. Will try again on the next nice day we have and see what happens... thanks for the help everyone!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums