720p Video Capture Comparison, iPhone 4 v. DROID X

phatkat66

Reaction score
it wouldnt work from my droid, it worked fine once i used a laptop. I wish we had the quality of those other vids posted up, the one in the rain was quite impressive. Hopefully they will release a software update to help, if its not a hardware issue. Maybe something to help the video refocus automatically.

darreno1

Reaction score
I thought the outdoor video was better on the Droid X myself. And I've seen some pics taken by others and the quality seems to be superb.

Aridon

Reaction score
I found the video choppy. Doesn't mater how accurate the color us when its chopping along like that.

Balthazar B

Reaction score
This comparison begs the question as to whether a good H.264-capable video capture application is -- or will be -- available for the Droid X. That would level the playing field somewhat with the iPhone 4.

D

Dragon3463

What is the need for an HDMI port on a phone anyways? Just seems weird and something to get to buy the phone. If you can't hook it up to a tv and why would you anyways? Doesn't make sense to me, but that is my humble opinion.

Aridon

Reaction score
Its a gimmick imo, but youtube hd is nice. Otherwise I guess you can share some video you took. UNFORTUNATELY the 720p video looks like crap on all the android devices so far with low frame rates.

darreno1

Reaction score
Looking at the video over and over again, the iPhone 4 is definitely a little choppy and wavery as well. But I guess that's to be expected given the amount of processing that has to take place. I'll definitely take the clarity of Droid over the washout look of the iPhone though.