Not enough space in /system partition?

jbrock98

Reaction score
I'm trying to use metamorph and I'm gettin the message not enough space in /system partition that's there's less than 5mb but I think I have enough space (system info widget in screen shot) is that not the same thing??? And if not how can I clear space and how did I fill up that space and what is takin up that space???

Sent from my Insanely Clean Droid using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
make sure USB Debugging is checked..........

Then run MM again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into Root Explorer and scroll to the bottom and select System and at the top of the screen it should have the available system memory, the widget on your home screen is for memory available in Data, two different things. To make room in system you need to go into system/app and delete something you don't use, or at least move it for awhile MM just needs the space to work when you are done you can put whatever you moved back

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Go into Root Explorer and scroll to the bottom and select System and at the top of the screen it should have the available system memory, the widget on your home screen is for memory available in Data, two different things. To make room in system you need to go into system/app and delete something you don't use, or at least move it for awhile MM just needs the space to work when you are done you can put whatever you moved back

Yup only 1.86mb available how did it get so full? What's in there that wasn't in there before & some stuff that I can permenant delete?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just skim thru and look what for things you don't want in there, most of the stuff in there is important but things like amazon mp3 and office something also make sure there is nothing in system/app named .bak if so you could move that to your SD if you want to keep it or just delete it, it's just a backup and probably not important

I have about 15 themed.apk's from the Market in my system/app and still have 1.18mb left, I wonder what is taking up all of your space

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Man I have no clue I've only used MM 2 theme swype & outside of flashing roms/themes constantly I dunno what's in there

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
2 things jbrock...I had the same error and usb debugging fixed it when using MM

Secondly I've seen people who just flash another ROM on top of another have the same thing happen.

If those 2 are not the case. I have no answer.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
2 things jbrock...I had the same error and usb debugging fixed it when using MM

Secondly I've seen people who just flash another ROM on top of another have the same thing happen.

If those 2 are not the case. I have no answer.

Usb debugging checked (has always been) and I always wipe at least 3x when flashing roms even when its not needed, and I went into /system/app & went thru only .apks & no doubles

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Some ROMs and themes just don't leave a lot of play room in the system partition.

I am sure there is an app you don't use or never will, maybe Facebook, Twitter, amazon.mp3, googlegoggles, quite a few others that probably aren't used by everyone.

Maybe your ROM comes with multiple launchers in system, these don't specifically need to be named Launcher.apk, usually at least one is though.

Look in /system/media/audio/* and in the folders in there, see if there are some ringtones, alarms, or notifications you wouldn't object to getting rid of. Be careful not to delete on you may want though.

You could also, get rid of the boot animation, or move it from /system/media to /data/local . Then if you can move it back afterwards.

A lot more options of things you can do too.

Drykeze

Reaction score
I'm doing this now as well, because my HeroC told me there wasn't enough space. I'm going to assume that if I were to delete Flickr, I should delete the Flickr.odex file as well?