noobie

djmicheals

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Libi and I am completely new to Android phones coming as a long time Crackberry user. The two main questions I have and can't seem to find answers to are:
  1. How the heck do I turn off auto-correct on texting and add in words to the dictionary? It continually tells me my name is spelled wrong and changes it. If I don't catch it before the text is sent, well then I just look like I can't spell my own name.
  2. When my internet browser starts up it always goes to my home page. Is there a way for me to go to the last page looked at, then decide if I want to go to my home page?My CB would always start on the last page unless I hit the home button.

Thanks in advance.

Libi

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hi Libi, welcome to the board and the world of Android!

To turn off auto-correct I believe you go to Settings -- Language & keyboard -- click whatever keyboard you're using and there should be some options there, look for something like "quick fixes" or "auto-complete".
As for adding to the dictionary, I'm not familiar with the keyboard on the X2, but on mine which I use a stock android keyboard, is suggestions show up on top of the keyboard and I hit the word to add it into the dictionary. Once that is done I rarely have any problems with the word again and the phone knows what I want to put.

Hope that helps.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ALOHA welcome to the forum. go to ur settibgs/language and keyboard/device keyboard. see if that auto correct box is checked. also in multi touch keyboard settings. auto corrections

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

Looks like these guys have you covered on the keyboard front. As far the browser loading the last page and not the home page, try just hitting home. It will remain running in the background but it should open to whatever you had it on.

OP
D

djmicheals

Reaction score
The auto correct has been fixed. Thanks guys.

The problem that I am having is that it ALWAYS starts at home and not on the last page I viewed which is what I want. The 2 minute thing constantly closes my browser so I have to go through history to get back to where I was, not liking that. :icon_eek:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What do you mean the 2 minute thing?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The auto correct has been fixed. Thanks guys.

The problem that I am having is that it ALWAYS starts at home and not on the last page I viewed which is what I want. The 2 minute thing constantly closes my browser so I have to go through history to get back to where I was, not liking that. :icon_eek:

That's an odd problem you're having. I use the stock browser on my phone and usually hit the home button to get out of the browser. Go back to my browser say 2 hours later and it picks up where I left off. I have no idea what the 2 minute thing you're talking about though.

OP
D

djmicheals

Reaction score
My screen goes dark and the lock comes on after 2 minutes. I have pushed it back to 10 but it still seems to lock.

I *WILL* figure this out because I'm stubborn like that. :biggrin:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My screen goes dark and the lock comes on after 2 minutes. I have pushed it back to 10 but it still seems to lock.

I *WILL* figure this out because I'm stubborn like that. :biggrin:

That's the standby time, if the phone senses you're not using it for a certain amount of time it turns the screen off. This is to maximize your battery life as well.

I suggest that if you don't want it to go to sleep while you're reading something on it, you download Screebl. Watch that video and it'll tell you what it does, it's a very helpful app.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's the standby time, if the phone senses you're not using it for a certain amount of time it turns the screen off. This is to maximize your battery life as well.

I suggest that if you don't want it to go to sleep while you're reading something on it, you download Screebl. Watch that video and it'll tell you what it does, it's a very helpful app.

Hmm, maybe I should try this app as well. Anyway, welcome to the forums djmicheals, enjoy your stay!:)

sent from my liberated bionic running transparent Droid forums