New Droid X User

TzrNPeg

Reaction score
Hi. I'm not only new to the Droid - I've never even used a smart phone before. My last phone didn't even take pictures, so I'm pretty much lost. :) I can make a phone call, take a picture, and I just figured out how to move icons from the application page to the home page.... if that's what it is called. Is it possible to remove the icons that I don't want?

I'm also having problems with the driver to connect the phone to my computer. I can press the little icon and select "only charge" or "use as storage", etc, but my computer continues to try to load a driver. Help?

Thanks
Peg

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello welcome to the community and the android OS is very nice and user friendly. What kind of computer do you have?

OP
T

TzrNPeg

Reaction score
New droid x

thanks for the reply.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300, using XP at the moment, but planning on upgrading to Windows7 soon.

Peg

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im on a windows computer and if I switch my D2 to PC mode then it says a problem occurred and it may not work properly but when I switch to USB mass storage mode it reads perfectly. Have you gone into the my computer folder and maybe refreshed it? My D2 usually reads as drives H, E, I, or F. Can you not access any files on your X or the memory card?

OP
T

TzrNPeg

Reaction score
I haven't even tried to see my files yet. I'm just trying to charge the phone using the computer.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the computer wont even recognize the phone to charge maybe its the USB port. Will any other device work in the same USB port the X is in? The computer should recognize the X in the USB port and push at least 500mA to the X and charge it but charge it slowly. Some wall chargers put out as much as 950mA-1000mA (1amp). let us know if anything can recieve power from this usb port

OP
T

TzrNPeg

Reaction score
No problem with the usb port. I just have no idea what I'm doing with the phone. Isn't there a detailed instruction manual online? The only ones I've found are very basic.

OP
T

TzrNPeg

Reaction score
That link was for the Droid2. I changed the 2 to an X, but it didn't work. Is there a manual specific to the X?

Thanks