noob to a droid x

kmusmc

Reaction score
I am new to forums as well as android phones. I have a Droid x and I love it. That being said I want to optimize my phone along with maintaining it performance and battery life. What apps should I get? Which do I need? Which are total wastes of time? Thank you all, I appreciate all guidance

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - My best advice is to uninstall any Task Killers - they are not needed and will slow down your device and eat battery

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink:

zonaRSX

Reaction score
Go into settings -> battery manager (or whatever it's called) and customize your options there. That's the best way to save battery. You don't need extra apps to help you save battery, that's just an oxymoron.

Also keeping your phone screens off when you aren't using it is a huge battery saver. I always lock my screen manually instead of letting the phone do it itself. And it's set to auto brightness.

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
Okay, I was already doing that. I had my battery setting for maximum saving, along with having my display auto shut off after 30 seconds. What about shutting off background data? Any other suggestions to optimize this awesome piece of gear?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might look into purchasing an extended battery - I have one for my Original Droid and it was one of the best purchases I made besides the device itself

zonaRSX

Reaction score
Okay, I was already doing that. I had my battery setting for maximum saving, along with having my display auto shut off after 30 seconds. What about shutting off background data? Any other suggestions to optimize this awesome piece of gear?
No you don't want to shut off background data. That's useful to leave on I'd say.