No-Throttle Hack?

jschlita

Reaction score
Is there a No-throttle hack for the current liberty build? Only thing I could find was a zip for liberty 1.5 and I doubt this would work.

J

JriderG

What do you need a no-throttle hack for? Do you believe you are in the top 5% of data hogs in your area?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

orionsvantage

Reaction score
What do you need a no-throttle hack for? Do you believe you are in the top 5% of data hogs in your area?

And are you in a congested area?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

tjarvis

Reaction score
Actually I'd love to have a no throttle hack...I regularly burn through 2GB plus a month and sometimes over 3GB depending. That's not using tethering either, that's just phone data...I don't tether. I can't imagine my usage once I get a 4g phone. Most usage is GPS or music streaming but a fair chunk is regular browsing I assume as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

J

JriderG

I'm sure you are not getting throttled Jarvis. On Average I use 15x the amount of data you do. I have never been throttled.

J

JriderG

How is he getting schooled? Two people asked him question's about his usage. We didn't even make assumptions about his usage.

GeLopez

Reaction score
the op asked a yes and no question and he is finding out how much data you guys use and if you tether and if you have 4g and what area is he at ...should i go on?

that is how he is getting schooled (with non relevant info)

J

JriderG

Lopez... the op never responded to our questions. Then Jarvis chimed in, and I responded to him. You must be special huh, because it seems you are having a hard time reading four posts. Excuse me five.....

Last edited by a moderator:

tjarvis

Reaction score
Hey mod...woohoo, over here, close it before it gets heated. Let's stop measuring our "manhood" and get back on topic lol. Does anyone know how to make a throttle hack? I generally get throttled to a crawl about day 25 into my monthly plan.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lopez... the op never responded to our questions. Then Jarvis chimed in, and I responded to him. You must be special huh, because it seems you are having a hard time reading four posts. Excuse me five.....

I believe what Lopez was saying is that OP just asked a yes or no question. He didn't ask if he needed it or why he needed it. Just whether or not a hack existed for his current build.

And OP, you can try this, but make a nandroid beforehand and I just found this manual method online so please be careful:

1. Download these 2 files:
Smali.jar
Baksmali.jar

2. Create a folder on your C: Drive labeled "Baksmali" and a folder labeled
"Smali" inside of that. (This is for easy access to the folders when being cd'd)

3. Place the 2 downloaded files in the folders accordingly. (I.E. Smali.jar in
"Smali" folder, and Baksmali.jar in "Baksmali" folder.)

4. Using 7zip or WinRAR (or any other zip program) open the services.jar file that you pulled from your phone. Copy the "classes.dex" file and paste it into the "Baksmali" folder.

5. Open your command prompt and type the following:
cd C:\Baksmali
java -Xmx512M -jar baksmali.jar -o classes/ classes.dex

6. Open the newly created "classes" folder (its inside your Baksmali folder that you should already be in) and navigate through"/com/android/server/". Scroll down till you see the 6 or 7 "Throttle" files. They will be located between "TelephonyRegistry" and "TVCableObserver$1$1". DELETE ONLY THE "THROTTLE" FILES.

7. Back out of the folders until you are in the "Baksmali" folder again. Now open the "Smali" folder you created earlier. Place the "classes" FOLDER in the "Smali" folder.

8. Return to your command prompt and type this:
cd Smali
java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar -o classes.dex classes/

9. You should now see a "classes.dex" file in your "Smali" folder. This is the NEW compiled services.jar classes.dex file. Pull up the 7zip or WinRAR file you had open earlier, delete the current classes.dex file from the services.jar, and place the newly compiled one in it's place.

10. Place the services.jar file back into your /system/framework folder, set the correct permissions, and boot up.

J

JriderG

GPS doesn't use data.....

J

JriderG

I kinda understand syndicate, but we also just asked a yes or no question to help understand the need of the OP. Lopez just crossed the border.