Data Throttling.?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I followed these: [GUIDE] How to defeat data throttling - xda-developers directions up until the adb push. Instead of that though I just used root explorer and copied and overwrote the services.jar in /system/framework/. I did everthing perfect and got stuck on the LIBERTY boot logo and had to sbf because clockwork wasn't popping up for some reason. Anyone have any clues as to why it isn't working with liberty?

breeett

Reaction score
So I followed these: [GUIDE] How to defeat data throttling - xda-developers directions up until the adb push. Instead of that though I just used root explorer and copied and overwrote the services.jar in /system/framework/. I did everthing perfect and got stuck on the LIBERTY boot logo and had to sbf because clockwork wasn't popping up for some reason. Anyone have any clues as to why it isn't working with liberty?

Why would you want to do this in the first place? Verizon doesn't throttle like T-Mobile, and even if they did I'd think it would be OTA and not through these files. The thread on XDA even says it only works for Bell Canada and T-Mobile USA.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Verizon must be because the files are all there for it and the D1 users are all about unlocking it. Why would the D1 have it and not the D2?

breeett

Reaction score
Verizon must be because the files are all there for it and the D1 users are all about unlocking it. Why would the D1 have it and not the D2?

I'm pretty sure that they are just standard files included with Android 2.2.1. I could be wrong though.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I may have repacked the .jar file wrong or something but I don't know why the Droid 1 users are all over it if it's not even happening.