No-Throttle Hack?

tjarvis

Reaction score
Thanks for the poss throttle hack, I'll give it a whirl when I get home tonight!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

GeLopez

Reaction score
I'm sure you are not getting throttled Jarvis. On Average I use 15x the amount of data you do. I have never been throttled.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Lopez... the op never responded to our questions. Then Jarvis chimed in, and I responded to him. You must be special huh, because it seems you are having a hard time reading four posts. Excuse me five.....

where in the op did he asked you how much data YOU used?? do you even read english?

-------------------------im done going down to your level, you beat me with experience------------------

back on topic

i believe if i remember correctly that with the steps on post #11 it will cause a FC if you go back into the mobile networks settings. correct me if i am wrong.

J

JriderG

where in the op did he asked you how much data YOU used?? do you even read english?
The irony

He didn't ASK me about data, and I didn't tell him. I was talking to Jarvis. I don't have to quote everything. Cmon Lopez... we don't even need you on this thread. Go eat some tacos or something.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could we stop the bickering and stay on topic please? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
J

jschlita

Reaction score
I average roughly 10gb per month and I live in a small rural city. Seems like once I go over 5gb of data my 3g slows way down. Just ran a speed test and I'm only getting .2mbs, I get around 1mbs at the beginning of my bill cycle. Flashed a no throttle zip for gingerbread that I found last night that did pretty much what syndicate posted and I haven't noticed any difference, still getting a measly .2mbs.

OP
J

jschlita

Reaction score
Verizon throttles from the server side, not from our phones. So its not possible to get around getting throttled?

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Verizon throttles from the server side, not from our phones. So its not possible to get around getting throttled?

From what I know when Verizon throttles a subscriber it is written on the bill somewhere that they meet the three criteria for being throttled. Also, when Verizon does throttle a subscriber its for the rest of the billing cycle plus the entire next billi.g cycle.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

toyotaking88

Reaction score
Do you have a link or source to your info about them throttling your next billing cycle to? I would like to read up on it. Is it 100% that they determine to throttle you if your in the top 5%? Or could it be a cap that you reach and then get throttled .

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Do you have a link or source to your info about them limiting your next billing cycle to? I would like to read up on it. Is it 100% that they determine to limit you if your in the top 5%? Or could it be a cap that you reach and then get limited.

I'm not at work so I dont have access to the Verizon knowledgebanks right now. I'm just going off what I remember from training. I do know for a fact that in order to get throttled you have to be In the top 5%, on an unlimited 3g plan and connecting to a congested tower.

toyotaking88

Reaction score
Ahh cool I was just wondering I download movies at work every once and awhile and I think I might have been put in that 5% before.

I do agree it seems logical that it would be throttled from Verizon's end and not on the phone. Although I would love to do the no-throttle hack if it.did work.

toyotaking88

Reaction score
I am on a prepaid plan with the 30$ unlimited data the Guy at the Verizon store told me that the prepaid plans truly are unlimited is that true? I am sure I can still be throttled on prepaid I was just wondering if that guy was just b/s'ing me about being truly unlimited.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
I am on a prepaid plan with the 30$ unlimited data the Guy at the Verizon store told me that the prepaid plans truly are unlimited is that true? I am sure I can still be throttled on prepaid I was just wondering if that guy was just b/s'ing me about being truly unlimited.

I have no idea. I haven't had a single instance where I've had to handle a customers prepaid unlimited data plan :-/ sorry

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
wont the TBH 3g hack still work? assuming you can find it out there in the wild internets