No sound on phone calls - random

rizqbuilt

Reaction score
Had it happen to me as well. Running flyx rom. Beta 2.2 2.3.15

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mettech

Reaction score
According to Verizion... and the manual.. they DX should be rebooted daily.

I had the same issue and a reboot fixed it.

kennyc

Reaction score
According to Verizion... and the manual.. they DX should be rebooted daily.

I had the same issue and a reboot fixed it.

Ahhhhh.......the Microsoft approach to software bugs! :icon_eek: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Happens to me also. I noticed it for the first time when I put the 2.2 leak on. But even after flashing back to stock 2.1 it still does it. I have a replacement otw (30 day exchange) hopefully this one wont do it.

My new phone doesn't do it, on 2.1 or OTA 2.2. Sounds like a hardware issue with a select few devices.

kennyc

Reaction score
Happens to me also. I noticed it for the first time when I put the 2.2 leak on. But even after flashing back to stock 2.1 it still does it. I have a replacement otw (30 day exchange) hopefully this one wont do it.

My new phone doesn't do it, on 2.1 or OTA 2.2. Sounds like a hardware issue with a select few devices.

I doubt it's hardware. Odds are if it were hardware then it would be completely broken or only affect the audio out or audio in and would not be alleviated by rebooting.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

I doubt it's hardware. Odds are if it were hardware then it would be completely broken or only affect the audio out or audio in and would not be alleviated by rebooting.

or it could be the radio itself. just because there is no audio, doesnt mean its not hardware. as soon as i called tech support about the phone not having sound during calls the tech said to replace it. he didnt even atempt to have me trouble shoot it, just send it back and get another one. Its probably software, but it could be hardware.

kennyc

Reaction score

or it could be the radio itself. just because there is no audio, doesnt mean its not hardware. as soon as i called tech support about the phone not having sound during calls the tech said to replace it. he didnt even atempt to have me trouble shoot it, just send it back and get another one. Its probably software, but it could be hardware.

Really. I have not contacted anyone as it only happened the one time, but given that a number of people seem to have it happening you'd think the techs would know something.

Certainly it could be hardware. I'm just speculating based on my knowledge of hardware and software.

Stang68

Reaction score
I really think it's software because this did not happen to me when I was on 2.1. Now, on 2.2, it has happened twice. It's a real problem when someone important calls. I hope Moto is working on a fix for this.

kennyc

Reaction score
I guess the question is how can we find out. Is there some kind of bug tracking system like with open source software? At Moto? At Verizon? I'm pretty new to Android/DroidX etc.

HallertauRogue

Reaction score
How many of you have the "Voice Privacy" setting enabled in the the Calls menu under settings? I "HAD" it enabled and lost my inbound and outbound sound today. I unchecked it and things seem fine. Not sure if there is a relationship, but I did find at least one other post that referenced the sound issue being fixed by un-checking the enhanced privacy option.

OTA 2.2 since last week w/ Launcher Pro Plus.

kennyc

Reaction score
How many of you have the "Voice Privacy" setting enabled in the the Calls menu under settings? I "HAD" it enabled and lost my inbound and outbound sound today. I unchecked it and things seem fine. Not sure if there is a relationship, but I did find at least one other post that referenced the sound issue being fixed by un-checking the enhanced privacy option.

OTA 2.2 since last week w/ Launcher Pro Plus.

Yes, it is checked/enabled on mine. Must be the default, but I don't even know what it is???

Just read up on it....guess it's an encryption of some type....apparently it must be part of the phone network.

I wonder if it was enabled by default before 2.2 upgrade?

alboboy10

Reaction score
2nd time in aweek of having the droid x that when i pick up the phone, i can't hear anything. turns out my callers can't hear me either. making test calls out same thing.

a reboot fixes it. however this is not good enough as this phone is used for business and already caused me a delay in receiving an important phone call.

anybody else have this issue?

happening to me too