No pictures in gmail on droid

craigcap

Reaction score
Patently false.

As 90% or more of the reported "issues" here are, actually.
Irrelevant. Embedded pictures not showing in forwarded emails is not user error.

Not to mention - that it's just completely random. I was humored to hear New2U say he has no problems receiving pictures. That's just, well, suspicious to me. I have a very hard time believing that anyone recieves all of their pics, embedded or not. I have used both the gmail and mail app and it's random. email seems to allow me to view more than gmail does, but it still sucks - random/inconsistent.

I hope someone comes out quickly with a real email app, both of these work, but they suck. Mobile email has been around for a very long time...coming from a crackberry - although I love the droid and it does so much more, on the email front, I'm like "really? at this stage of the game you can figure this **** out just work?"

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I also haven't had a problem receiving pictures either. Both work just great.

Same here.

User error.

If you care to share the steps on how you embedd a picture in an email Great.

But since several of us are having the same problem I doubt it is a user error.

I have used different email products to send the email (including gmails own interface)
Attached pictures work fine but pictures embeddied in the content of the email do not.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
OK to take it further.. If I embedd a picture and the picture is from a URL I can see it.
But if the picture is one that I "try" to embedd from my own computer it is not there.

Is there a setting that tells where to look for "uploaded" photos?

dverplank

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have an iphone that displays the image just fine but my droid wont. WTF this really has to be fixed!!!!!

huskur

Reaction score
I noticed not being able to receive pictures on gmail also. Additionally i found that i cannot view slideshows in MMS

bronskrat

Reaction score
I have this problem too with TrafficLand.com's Scheduled Emails of their traffic cams. The image link seems to be:
src="
?ui=2&ik=f28b291107&view=att&th=1257e26f0440f496&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw"

which is a relative link that works in the PC browser but not on the phone. If I reply to the email and check the link it becomes:
src="https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=f28b291107&view=att&th=1257e26f0440f496&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw"

If I reply to myself, I don't have the button to view the quoted text on the phone (never noticed that before, that sux). Replying and adding the link above gets the image in my browser but still not on the phone.

Dunno if any of this helps!

dbandito

Reaction score
This sux

This is crazy that so many of us are having the same problem.. I hope someone at google figures this thing out. I hate getting a new mail notification on my Droid, then not being able to view the message with pics, and having to wait until i can get to a laptop or desktop to open my gmail acct and view the pics.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
This is crazy that so many of us are having the same problem.. I hope someone at google figures this thing out. I hate getting a new mail notification on my Droid, then not being able to view the message with pics, and having to wait until i can get to a laptop or desktop to open my gmail acct and view the pics.
I agree , totally blows the experience of having web content/mail .

heatmisr

Reaction score

I am having the same problem. As a workaround, I log into my gmail account from the Droid's browser. You can see the imbedded picture/file then. ( I was having trouble viewing an embedded .pdf file)

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
When i receive an email on my droid from my computers Mac account, the photos show up in the email/gmail on my droid when i open the email after scrolling down the status bar and tap the email notification, and the options to download, delete and so on, and also the options to forward at the bottom of the screen.

I would recheck your settings, and also the size of the photos being sent, i'm hoping everyone has a setting problem and not a phone problem. good luck

relmers

Reaction score
When I receive an email on the Gmail application and can not view it, I've found that if I go to the browser and log into my Gmail account, I can view the pictures just fine. I've also forwarded the unviewable email to my email account under my "email" application and again the embedded photos are visible. Since the phone can view the embedded pictures the issue has to be the "Gmail" application.

Hope there is a fix in the near future.

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
never had this issue on my iphone, but then again, i didnt have a google app to view my email either.

Im sure that its some kind of translation issue with the parameters that have been set inside of the gmail app itself. Maybe window size issue with photos? most photos i get dont work. occassionally, some do.

go figure

kpj313

Reaction score
There should be a show pictures button at the top of the email. If you click that, you should see pictures.
I am having this issue on my Gmail mobile also. On most emails it just shows the placeholder for the picture and not the actual photo. On a couple of them it had the "Show Pictures" button but it didn't allow them to show either. It's mostly forwards of funny emails sent to me. Emails that I have received from a sender that personally attaches photos usually show up with no issues.

Same exact issue I'm having...