No pictures in gmail on droid

markmicallef

Reaction score
I'm. Not seeing any pictures on the default gmail app on my Droid. I check it on my PC they are there. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I only have a hand full of pictures on my phone, but they all show up when i go to attach something in gmail.

OP
markmicallef

markmicallef

Reaction score
I only have a hand full of pictures on my phone, but they all show up when i go to attach something in gmail.

Should have been more clear, no pics when receiving
Gmail.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
There should be a show pictures button at the top of the email. If you click that, you should see pictures.

n0cturne74

Reaction score
There should be a show pictures button at the top of the email. If you click that, you should see pictures.
I am having this issue on my Gmail mobile also. On most emails it just shows the placeholder for the picture and not the actual photo. On a couple of them it had the "Show Pictures" button but it didn't allow them to show either. It's mostly forwards of funny emails sent to me. Emails that I have received from a sender that personally attaches photos usually show up with no issues.

Last edited:
OP
markmicallef

markmicallef

Reaction score
I am having this issue on my Gmail mobile also. On most emails it just shows the placeholder for the picture and not the actual photo. On a couple of them it had the "Show Pictures" button but it didn't allow them to show either. It's mostly forwards of funny emails sent to me. Emails that I have received from a sender that personally attaches photos usually show up with no issues.

Exactly the same, a place holder with a "blue ?" Not on all, and no "show picture" button. I believe it's just forwards.

Sassy

Reaction score
I started a post about this exact problem. Even if I push the show picture button, all I get is a little question mark where the picture should be....but on my computer, they are there.

rp683

Reaction score
same here, I get a small blue question mark where the pictures are embedded.. Some do have the "show pictures" button, some do not.

jimboman

Reaction score
Quite strange.... GMAIL is the only email service I can get to actually VIEW pictures attached to individual email. Hotmail and YMAIL nada.

tennvol

Reaction score
I had pictures appear automatically in my Gmail until this morning. Now they appear on the Droid as a paperclip and gives me the option to download or preview. Up until today the image appeared without any action on my part. Images still appear in the message on my PC. I wonder if google made a change last night........

lauriep

Reaction score
I also have this issue. I posted a question about it on the 10th or so, but no one ever responded. I just looked at a problem email and still cannot display the pics. No show pictures button either. And yes, it is usually on funny emails with many forwards.