No Netfilter on wireless tethering

terraglide

Reaction score
I'm using a droid running 2.1 w/bb 1.0. when I launch wireless tether app
I get the error message "no netfilter! sorry, but your kernel does not have all necessary features for running this application." Then if i choose ignore and proceed, I get another message "couldnt install file-/data/data/android.tether/bin/dnsmasq!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you verify that the kernel you installed supports tethering?

Mike

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd reflash, and pull down a different version of Wifi Tether. That error seems consistent with a versioning problem between Tether and the kernel.

I'm running Wifi Tether version 2.0 on BB1.0 with the 1.1Ghz Bekit LV kernel. You should be able to do the same...

OP
T

terraglide

Reaction score
ok I guess re flashing sounds like the thing to do, I'll report after i'm done.

Thanks

OP
T

terraglide

Reaction score
I'm making progress, but i'm not running yet. I get an error in the dropdown menu on the droid "wireless tether-AC disabled"

OP
T

terraglide

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that i did a wipe & re flashed

OP
T

terraglide

Reaction score
when i go into wireless tether controls, it won't allow me to enable access controls

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What version of Wifi Tether are you running? 2.0 works perfectly for me.

gbouten

Reaction score
I have been trying to help him and it seems that he has a problem with the super user. When I first install an app that needs root access it will ask me if I want to allow and there is a check mark that keeps me from being asked this again. He is not being asked this when he starts the program up. When you open the super user you can see a sort of log that shows what process that supper user is allowing. I have about four entries. He has none. so it is acting like Super user is not doing its thing. I can help him if you guys can give me your thoughts. You all have been a great help to me and I would like to take and acting part in helping someone else as he lives close to me. I kind of talked him into getting this phone.

Greg

gbouten

Reaction score
John if your out there it's Parker we are trying to help.

Greg B

Last edited: