No more replacement droid 1's?

-iD

Reaction score
check out the touchscreen glass please

i got a refurb about 4 months ago, and it sure seems to me that they replaced the glass with a MUCH less durable piece. i've read conflicting reports about whether the D1 came with gorilla glass or not, but my original (and my wife's) were/are pretty much scratchless and new looking after a year of use (very hard/guy pocket with lighter, keys, coins, etc for me and banging around in a purse and the minivan console for hers) so much that we both ended up removing the screen protectors we bought. my refurb, tho, it's scratched to high heaven all over the place and looks like cheap plastic after only 4 months of living in my pocket. i called big red and they swore that the refurbs were all done with OE spec parts but i'm not convinced. curious to see what you think when you get yours.

thanks

Vortec6

Reaction score
I recently filed a claim for my lost Droid and the first one they sent was a perfect remanufactured phone except for the fact that it didn't have 3G or data! So they sent another reman. but this one had gaps and stuff so I asked if I could get a brand new Droid. Well they told me there were no more (which I already knew) and asked how I felt about the Eris. (HA!) Then he offered me a D2 and it should be in tomorrow!! Have to agree with Droid DOES you do catch more flies with honey!

mendy817

Reaction score
just got a refurb friday... they still have plenty of D1's, sorry to say (although its the "newish" ones with raised keys on the keyboard)

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
Im actually waiting to get my replacement tomorrow. My headphone jack was screwed up and my volume rocker wasnt clicking in the down position anymore. Hopefully I dont get a messed up replacement like some people :icon_eek:

frostthejack

Reaction score
If the charging port is lose you need to call back imediatly cause if it breaks you will have to buy a new one. Do as others have done refuse a refurb see if they can offer you the d2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scaner

Reaction score
I'm still wait for my replacement. And I wanna see if it will be refurbish Droid 1 or Droid 2..I crossfinger ..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droidee

Reaction score
I called earlier about a damaged D1 and had ? of which replacement. Droid 1 has been a problem a lot lately with these refurbs. Asurion was extremely attentive and offered me a droid eris. I advised her that I have nails and this would be a difficult situation. Guess what? I should have a D2 by tomorrow afternoon. Will let you know.

Detonation

Reaction score
So your telling me if my phone brakes under warranty or something relating to my warranty then I can get a new phone?

Here we go again.

If you are getting a warranty replacement on your Droid 1, there is a 99% chance it will be a refurbished Droid 1. Yes the refurb quality control sucks and you might receive another defective phone, but they will just continue to send you D1s. Since the word spread of some Droid 2's going out as replacements and people lying to try to get a new phone, Verizon has really become strict on only replacing your phone with the same model.

Droidee

Reaction score
The above is correct. Due to the circumstances I gave and only that they were willing to give me the D2.

Last edited:

LT*

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with CS, I'm having issues with installing any app form any source as well as being unable to uninstall apps. She said they are sending a refurb D1. I even asked about a possible D2, but she said she couldn't do that on the first return while they have D1s available. It will be here tomorrow.

magnus

Reaction score
I just got a CLNR Droid1. The thing looks and works PERFECT. In fact the build date is WW45/10....that was four weeks ago when it left the factory brand new!

Still testing everything out.......

scaner

Reaction score
So recive my refurbish Droid 1 today by fedex..and send him back right away..this phone is peace of....p. the slider screen is lose and almost fall down..the quality is bad.so ill be wait for another one...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jlang11

Reaction score
Verizon just replaced my D1 under warranty 2 weeks ago, and I got a D1... their "Factory Certified" or whatever its called....