Droid X replacement for Droid 1?

JasonPurp

Reaction score
I saw a few minutes ago that the Verizon phone insurance company offers a Droid X or Droid Incredible replacement for the Droid 1. I bought the Droid RIGHT before the Droid X got released, and I'm pissed that I already have a discontinued phone.

Anyway, is there a way I could possibly get that Droid X replacement? Or is it not a big deal and I should be happy with what I have?

I only have 100-something dollars so buying a new Droid X is out of the question.

Please halp?

cpjr

Reaction score
Your not going to get help on how to screw the insurance company here bro.....if your phone isnt broken, than it shouldnt even matter.

PS- And everyone knew when the X was getting released, pay attention to that stuff so you dont grab a phone you wont be happy with ;)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last I heard they were giving refurb droid's for a broken droid. There was a very brief window where they did not have enough cln Droids and were giving other phones. But I thought that had passed and they had plenty of CLN droids now. Is that not so?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I can confirm that they were giving other phones as I got a D2 for my replacement, but my D1 hit a bathtub full of watering compliments of my 2 year old, and I fully expected a D1 as a replacement.

****I do not suggest or condone doing something to your phone so you can upgrade. It is considered fraud****

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
JasonPurp

JasonPurp

Reaction score
When I was about to get my Droid, I didn't pay any attention to the Android scene.

And I'm not trying to screw them over in any way. I DO have some issues with the phone, and I was curious for the future, I swear to God. Haha

I would never do anything to my Droid on purpose. I treat all of my stuff like it's the key to human survival.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Issues are different than inoperable. Issues are a manufactures warranty issue, and given the length of time we're talking about I'm going to assume the time limit on that has expired.

The asurion insurance is for broken, lost, damaged, or stolen phones, not phones with "issues".
Just sayin'

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
Depending on who you talk to, the D1 could be considered superior to the DX (more hackable and more widely supported by various ROMs), plus a physical keyboard.

brokenmonkey

Reaction score
I can confirm that they were giving other phones as I got a D2 for my replacement, but my D1 hit a bathtub full of watering compliments of my 2 year old, and I fully expected a D1 as a replacement.=

When did you get your phone replaced? I just filed a claim on my D1 and I'm wondering which phone I'll get. I read another forum post where someone got a refurb D1 that had problems and when he called them they immediately offered him a D2 or X instead.