No HD video playback with ICS?

Abaddon

Reaction score
I noticed this as well. I am not rooted, did a FDR and have the flash plugin installed. I thought maybe it was just Netflix at first but then I noticed that youtube vids don't look as good as they did before even if HD is selected. When I get home I may uninstall Flash and try to see if there is any improvement. Not sure why that would cause a problem but you never now.

OP
S

silverdreams

Reaction score
I just added a side-by-side comparison image to the first post. Take a look even if you think you don't have the problem, it's possible you haven't noticed it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

What I do notice on my RAZR its like it pulses....clear...fuzzy...clear...fuzzy....it may or may not eventually fix itself later in the video, but it does pulse.

toneyl

Reaction score
Mine is clear... Starship Troopers on Netflix. I did a FDR before and after the upgrade (never been rooted). I checked The Hobbit Trailer HD on YouTube and it's just as clear as my PC.

What show/time clip did you post? Maybe my old eyes are bad and we can compare screenshots. :)

OP
S

silverdreams

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

What I do notice on my RAZR its like it pulses....clear...fuzzy...clear...fuzzy....it may or may not eventually fix itself later in the video, but it does pulse.

Mine doesn't pulse... just stays that fuzzy constantly.

Mine is clear... Starship Troopers on Netflix. I did a FDR before and after the upgrade (never been rooted). I checked The Hobbit Trailer HD on YouTube and it's just as clear as my PC.

What show/time clip did you post? Maybe my old eyes are bad and we can compare screenshots.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 2, episode 12, "Doorway of Darkness," time was 3:45 I believe.

Abaddon

Reaction score
For those of you that are rooted and still having issues, have you installed an app to speed up the read/write times on your sd card? I'm using ROM Toolbox for that option but there are other apps out there. However, after rooting and applying that change, my video was back to normal. Not sure if this is just something on my device or a possible solution. Maybe with ICS the system puts a bit of strain on the capabilities of the sd card and other resources but speeding them up allows the video to play back at full resolution. I'm also curious if a faster sd card would help for those who do not want to root.

OP
S

silverdreams

Reaction score
For those of you that are rooted and still having issues, have you installed an app to speed up the read/write times on your sd card? I'm using ROM Toolbox for that option but there are other apps out there. However, after rooting and applying that change, my video was back to normal. Not sure if this is just something on my device or a possible solution. Maybe with ICS the system puts a bit of strain on the capabilities of the sd card and other resources but speeding them up allows the video to play back at full resolution. I'm also curious if a faster sd card would help for those who do not want to root.

Just tried speeding up my SD card with ROM Toolbox, no improvement. I tried both 2048kb and 4096kb. Were there any other tweaks you did with ROM Toolbox?

Abaddon

Reaction score
Just tried speeding up my SD card with ROM Toolbox, no improvement. I tried both 2048kb and 4096kb. Were there any other tweaks you did with ROM Toolbox?

The only other thing I have used with ROM Toolbox is the ad blocker but that's it. I doubt that would fix anything. Sorry, I thought I was on to something.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I am on the .215 leak and I wiped cache after installing. Who knows what any of this is worth though.