Blacks in Video playback

ghorig

Reaction score
Weather it's MX Video Player or Netflix, I see a LOT of distortion / pixelation / random colors in 'dark' areas during video playback.
I'm hoping that others have the same experience and that it's a software issue that'll get resolved at some point.
Do you see the same thing or is there something wrong with my phone?

OP
G

ghorig

Reaction score
No one else have the same issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

What316

Reaction score
I haven't really watched a lot of videos yet, but I haven't had that problem from what I have watched. I do have banding in gray background when the brightness is low, but that's pretty normal. Have ya tried bumping up the brightness?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JTAC

Reaction score
I notice the same thing as the OP stated. I came from the OG Droid 1 to HTC Thunderbolt and now to the Galaxy Nexus. I have converted literally hundreds of movies for the OG Droid 1 format. These run beautifully on the Droid and Thunderbolt. But on the Nexus...there is pixelation. Do keep in mind that we're dealing with a larger display than the previous two phones.

So now...I am in the process of converting all my DVD rips to 720p HD MKV files. Then converting those files into mp4 format to run on the Nexus. Some movies will have pixelation. But it's occasionally in a couple dark scenes...not all the time. Let me try converting a couple different formats...then I'll post links up and you can be the judge of which looks better.