No Droid X Happiness - yet

ken.gentry

Reaction score
I got to a very high-traffic VZW store at 7:30 expecting to find a few other dummies like me wanting an X. Nobody was there. I walked in at 8am and asked about the X. The store had not received any handsets yet and said "the truck" will be around by 10:30 or so. The employees were very disinterested in talking with me about the new phone.

Very anti-climatic.

Anybody else getting phones by walking in the store this morning?

dieselpowered

Reaction score
The store out by me is always crowded and quite frankly I did not feel like waiting...called the 800 and just am having one sent overnight.

peperonikiller

Reaction score
The store I went to a few days ago wasnt expecting a rush for the phones at all, and said they would have some in stock still tomorrow, which I dont get paid till friday anyway so I have to wait D:

Rsswga

Reaction score
I called vzw this am....first phone call they told me no to an early upgrade...second phone call they told me that I could order my x Monday..can't wait

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Expecting mine tomorrow as well but I ordered via phone...however our local stores (there are 2) had 80 in stock approximately...

Sent from my Droid

2xhighpsi

Reaction score
I got mine today at 8am. I was surprised to see that there WAS a line. I was skeptical with all the talk on here, because I figure most dont care about this phone as much as we do, but I was wrong, lol.

Two days ago when I called about store opening times, they said they were getting more than enough X's - like 200 handsets.
When I asked the rep who helped me this morning, he said they truthfully only got 50 phones on their shipment.

ext

Reaction score
I got mine today - was first in line and I waited about an hour and half.

Great phone, Gizmodo gave it a horrible review - not sure what phone they were using but it wasn't the same one I am using that is for sure.

-Ext

mig991

Reaction score
Was surprised in my local store how many people there were. 60 phones in store about 60 people outside by 7am for an 8am opening. I was number 8 but traded with some guy in a National Guard uniform, figured he was in more of a hurry than I was (patriotic duty and all that). He had number 30, but as more people started to show up I was worried I had made a mistake.

Luckily I got one. Other authorized dealer in area had 10 and they were gone in like 10 minutes.

Hope this phone lives up to out expectations.

Airhead878

Reaction score
I got to a very high-traffic VZW store at 7:30 expecting to find a few other dummies like me wanting an X. Nobody was there. I walked in at 8am and asked about the X. The store had not received any handsets yet and said "the truck" will be around by 10:30 or so. The employees were very disinterested in talking with me about the new phone.

Very anti-climatic.

Anybody else getting phones by walking in the store this morning?

Hmm that sucks my wife walked in to VZW store this morning and got 2 of them no problem, and there was a line. Lol so do you live in the middle of BFE? Cuz she lives in a suburb of Denver and they had plenty, been getting them in for a couple weeks now.dancedroid