1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Someone Please Help me flash my DROID X to METRO PCS

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by ahmeda135, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ahmeda135

ahmeda135 New Member

So i have been searching for at least three weeks on how to flash the Motorola Droid X to metro pcs. I know it can be done, but I can't figure out what the steps are. I called the store, and they said they don't have the code. If anyone can help me figure it out, or walk me through the steps, I would greatly appreciate it, since I just bought this phone and have no use for it yet.
  2. 2xhighpsi

2xhighpsi New Member

lol good luck. As you may have noticed, there seems to be ALOT of people doing that around here... :blink:
  3. ahmeda135

ahmeda135 New Member

yeah and most the people that attempt to do a tutorial suck at explaining it, so thats why im posting another one, in an attempt to find someone who actually knows how to explain it easily
  4. Section Twelve

Section Twelve New Member

From what I've read... sure, it's possible. But you can't text or use mobile internet?

Sounds not worth it, but I am sure you have your reasons.

Good luck. I did have a look around, but didn't find anything solid. Mostly found people charging $50 and up to do it for you.
  5. Droid_Vader

Droid_Vader New Member

Just out of curiosity........why would you want to flash to metro pcs??
  6. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang Theme Developer Premium Member

because its cheap?
  7. AtreyuRock

AtreyuRock New Member

You get what you pay for.
  8. ahmeda135

ahmeda135 New Member

Thanks for looking, and I think only a select people know at the moment, and they refuse to share as long as possible so that they can profit. Oh well might as well spend 50 more bucks since im already saving a lot of money by using metro, which isnt that bad in dallas. In fact I have had all networks and honestly I can't really tell the difference. The only significant thing that I notice is that some texts dont get sent on time, but other than that internet is better then tmobile and att. And metro is getting 3g pretty soon to. yeah its behind the curve, but hey for 40-50 bucks a month, i can have a legit phone and a pretty decent network that i won't have to pay more then I need to, and in times like these every penny counts.
  9. ahmeda135

ahmeda135 New Member

because im saving a lot of money by using metro, which isnt that bad in dallas. In fact I have had all networks and honestly I can't really tell the difference. The only significant thing that I notice is that some texts dont get sent on time, but other than that internet is better then tmobile and att. And metro is getting 3g pretty soon to. yeah its behind the curve, but hey for 40-50 bucks a month, i can have a legit phone and a pretty decent network that i won't have to pay more then I need to, and in times like these every penny counts.
  10. ahmeda135

ahmeda135 New Member

The only significant thing that I notice is that some texts dont get sent on time, but other than that internet is better then tmobile and att. And metro is getting 3g pretty soon to. yeah its behind the curve, but hey for 40-50 bucks a month, i can have a legit phone and a pretty decent network that i won't have to pay more then I need to, and in times like these every penny counts.
  11. tony1208

tony1208 New Member

if he just wants talk than go for it....i been hearing alot about people flashing the droid 1 with metro....
  12. Tower101

Tower101 New Member

Metro has 3g, Metro is launching 4g (LTE) in a few months. Not that LTE will mean much if you are using an X as its not LTE compatible.

IF you are in their coverage area Metro should be just as good as Verizon.
  13. Hurtem

Hurtem New Member

It's like putting a ferrari kit on a honda del sol aka Fake it till you make it.
  14. ahmeda135

ahmeda135 New Member

more like putting a del sol engine in a Ferrari shell
  15. telegraph

telegraph New Member

i have everything working on a droid x to metro....except mms! dang it! anyone know why I get an error message that says

"national access coverage not available"
    what am i doing wrong?

any ideas?
  16. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

I dont know if you noticed but 3G has been apart of Metro for awhile now, they just got 4G LTE aswell... But you can only get the use of 3G working out of your Droid X.

The problem is now metro has caught on to this and has changed alot of things around... At the moment you can only get Calling on metro intill someone figures out how to patch around it...
  17. Big Fate

Big Fate New Member

And for the record I dont know why everyone down-grades metro pcs... They have a pretty good service. And to be quite honest with you come June-July I wouldn't be supprised if they dont start stealing alot of people over. They just introduced the LG Optimus which has the Android 2.2 market, they just released their new 4g Craft phone and come june and july I heard they will have many Android like phones. Their area is covered all over here where I'm at. The only reason I switched to VZW is because of Metro's lack of Android, now they have it, and now I'm locked into a 2 year contract lol

50 bucks a month for unlimited everything is the business people!
  18. klaudiadroid2

klaudiadroid2 New Member

You can search Craigslist.com and search in your area under metro pcs. There's people that flash phones even real stores that do it lowkey. But they do charge atleast a 100 but for full flash. Internet,mms, sms, everything. Check it out!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
droid x flash to metro
droid x flash to metro pcs
droid x metro pcs flash
droid x to metro
droidxflashedtometro
flash droid x metro pcs

flash droid x to metro pcs

flash droid x2 to metro pcs
flash mydroid x to metro
flashing droid x for metro