Verizon Droid X Launch Details

viperxz713

Reaction score
I have an appointment made this Saturday for 7/15 @ 8:01AM. They said they will take all appointments first and go from there. I also have a preorder at Best Buy and I am debating on whether or not to wait till 9AM for Best Buy or VZW. The VZW is a definite, but $100 more at startup...

Which would you choose? :icon_eek:

I heard BB required a $50 deposit...? I wouldn't lose $50 over it.

Did you get on the 1st or 2nd wave of BB pre's? I heard the 2nd couldn't promise the phone on release date.

I agree w/ that rebate hoo-ey. Pain. But I want to get it before the weekend, my Dare is crapping out on me.

winger53215

Reaction score
I set up an appointment last Wednesday for 1:15 PM Thursday....I am switching over 4 lines to Verizon from US Cellular.

Evelgest

Reaction score
My local VZW is opening at 9am on Thursday with no pre-orders nor appointments, because, according to the rep I spoke with, "we wouldn't have any to sell then." I guess I'll be there bright and early.. the question is how early.

nosacking

Reaction score
I have an appointment made this Saturday for 7/15 @ 8:01AM. They said they will take all appointments first and go from there. I also have a preorder at Best Buy and I am debating on whether or not to wait till 9AM for Best Buy or VZW. The VZW is a definite, but $100 more at startup...

Did you get on the 1st or 2nd wave of BB pre's? I heard the 2nd couldn't promise the phone on release date.

I agree w/ that rebate hoo-ey. Pain. But I want to get it before the weekend, my Dare is crapping out on me.

I was in the first wave. I am just nervous about getting a phone and new contract with an electronics store instead of a Verizon store. Are there any drawbacks in doing so?

daxdm302

Reaction score

The $50 deposit is just a bb gift card...

By the way i went from Dare to Droid back in Novemberdancedroid

daxdm302

Reaction score

I was in the first wave. I am just nervous about getting a phone and new contract with an electronics store instead of a Verizon store. Are there any drawbacks in doing so?

There shouldn't be anything different except that the rebate is already done.... they work like verizon otherwise

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I called my local Verizon today and was told no appointments but that they are opening at 8.

It seems to me they are taking special interests in customers that are switching over and giving them preferential treatment. Kinda lame if you ask me since most of the purchases will be from loyal customers.

I guess in the end I just hope I get one and don't end up standing in line for hours on end.....

impulse630

Reaction score
So i called around to all the corporate locations near me as well as one non-corporate one. The non-corporate one said they won't have ANY on Thursday and also claimed that most locations will be in the same boat as them unless they ordered their X's very very early.

All the corporate locations said that they'd be opening 1 hour early (8am) and that they aren't doing pre-orders. One corporate store said they have a waiting list, but the list has 43 people on it and they were only going to have 40 available. When i said, "i guess it won't be worthwhile for me to add myself to the list since i won't be able to get there until after work." He said that the 43 people were only being promised a place in line, and if #1 wasn't there when they open, he'd loose his spot to #2, and so on.

He then offered to call me 5 minutes before they open, and if i give him my credit card number at that time, he'd ring me up and i'd be guaranteed that mine would be there and ready for me whenever i come into the store. I asked if i'd be stealing someone's who was on the list, and he said no b/c all they promised the waiting-list people was a place in line, and were unable to promise they'd have enough for everyone on the list.

Although this sounded a bit sketchy, it's worth a try. Assuming that he calls at 7:55am (and the caller id says it's Verizon), i'd say i have an X waiting for me after work. Otherwise, i roll the dice at a store over lunch or try to order online...

-dave

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
anyone think ill have a problem with getting my phone if i go in around 4ish at bestbuy?

i preordered it but its under my dads name and he doesnt get done with work til 3 so we wont be able to go til about 4

Warner

Reaction score
anyone think ill have a problem with getting my phone if i go in around 4ish at bestbuy?

i preordered it but its under my dads name and he doesnt get done with work til 3 so we wont be able to go til about 4

I hope not. I'm #1 on the list at my local Best Buy (pre-order was done on the first day, before they shut down pre-orders and then re-opened the option). I won't be able to get to the store until 4pm either. I would HOPE that if you pre-ordered it, they would hold it for you at least until the end of the DAY! I'll call Best Buy today or tomorrow to make sure....

Warner

soba1

Reaction score
Interesting. Will be stopping by my local verizon to see if they will be doing anything differently.

I just called a local Corporate store and put my name on the list I will be there 7:am......
Mind u posting up:happy:

Not camping.....

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Visited a local Verizon store and they said I had two options:

1. Stand in line on 15th
2. Upgrade now and they ship me the device for delivery on Friday

I also have a pre-order with BB, but BB wasn't able to guarantee a phone on 15th, so I just might to with Verizon option #2.