No data connection after update

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
It looks like when my screen turns off for any length of time my data connection shuts off. I don't have any smart action that would cause that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
You know it all depends on where you live and how strong your 4G signal is around your area. What I noticed is where I live in Salinas, ca the signal is not that strong where we are. But if I go up north to San Jose, California the signal is really strong around town. When I am in Salinas at my house the signal is only 1-2 bars only and the signal will drop every once in awhile. But not as much as it did before the update. Now with the update it holds steady.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I actually have 4g turned off on my phone since there is no 4g service in my area. My wife's IPhone is picking up 3g no problem, it is definitely something with the phone. Like I said before the update I never had this problem.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Starting to get real frustrating now. No data again today no matter what I do. Looks like this phone is going back. Stupid freaking update.

JaBr1884

Reaction score
We are seeing several threads about these issues, mostly poast-update issues. In the other thread, I mentioned how I spoke with a level 2 tech from Motorola after experiencing now or slow 3g connection after the update, she suggested Motorola is already readying another update with the sole interest in fixing the connectivity issues we've been experiencing. I hope that is true, these data issues are ridiculous and very uncharacteristic of Motorola.

Also, the morning after the update I had no 3g/4g for hours, until I noticed my cellular data option was disabled overnight for what appeared to be no reason. Once I enabled it again, it always seemed to look for a signal, but only 1 out of every 5 times would it find a 3g network.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
We are seeing several threads about these issues, mostly poast-update issues. In the other thread, I mentioned how I spoke with a level 2 tech from Motorola after experiencing now or slow 3g connection after the update, she suggested Motorola is already readying another update with the sole interest in fixing the connectivity issues we've been experiencing. I hope that is true, these data issues are ridiculous and very uncharacteristic of Motorola.

Also, the morning after the update I had no 3g/4g for hours, until I noticed my cellular data option was disabled overnight for what appeared to be no reason. Once I enabled it again, it always seemed to look for a signal, but only 1 out of every 5 times would it find a 3g network.

Thanks for the info! I've noticed some instability with my 3g at times since the update. Was superb before. I emailed both Verizon and Motorola to let them know...Hope like you said they fix it soon! I was fine before. Peace!

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!