No data connection after update

Raydee35

Reaction score
Well against my better judgement I updated my phone this morning and now I have no data connection at all. Any idea's??

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I answered you in that other thread but I'll answer you here as well :)

Hold on for a bit. It takes a few minutes for the signal to appear and level out.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Thanks but it has been a few hours now. I am not sure what the problem is. If I set a smart app to turn the data connection on it will but that is not the way it should be.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ahh check smart actions setting. The settings for data could have gotten boinked from the update.

Maybe even redo them to avoid any more problems

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yeah I deleted all of them a little while ago thinking the same think. Maybe a *228 call to verizon might help?

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ok neverming on the *228, that doesn't work with the Sim card.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Couple people had to factory reset to get the issue fixed. You will still be updated after doing so. Something to consider.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yeah I will consider that option if nothing else works.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ok I did the factory reset and it is working now. Thanks for the help.

ebaker60

Reaction score
Could someone explain how to do a factory reset again? I tried searching but didn't find anything except the hacked version or something or other. I am also getting the no data thing after the update. If I do factory reset do I lose all my contacts and all my smart actions? Love the phone, hate this issue atm!
:p

ebaker60

Reaction score
Now I am being told by the verizon rep on the phone that I need to go to verizon tomorrow and get a new sim card. Things I have tried:
Powered of then on
Tried toggling the airport mode on and off
Popped the sim card out then back in

Other than doing a factory reset which it sounds like I would have to do, or get a new sim card from verizon. Has anybody else found something that fixes this other than the factory reboot? I can get on my wifi but thats it, no 3g or 4g.

ebaker60

Reaction score
Before you do that go to settings-> data manager and make sure Data enabled is checked on. For some weird reason it was checked off in mine. They actually swapped out the sim card and it still didn't work. Then finally someone checked the data enable thing and saw it was unchecked. I never touched it, my phone did the update and it stopped working....so no idea what the heck happened!

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I did a full factory reset yesterday and my data was working again. This morning once again it is not working . Just a little bit ago I tried rebooting and pulling the sim card. What ended up fixing it was to turn my phone off for 5 minutes and when I turned it back on it is working. My phone was perfect up until the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums