No automatic contacts sync to Gmail on Incredible? Back to the Droid I go

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Its not HTC. Contacts sync the same as my droid did...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Threepio

Reaction score
when i add a new contact, my incredible asks me which email address i would like to sync it with.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know jb222...That doesn't sound quite right to me. It's a Google phone, it should sync with Google no problem. Gmail, Google, phone....all one happy package.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
User error :) it works great

OK, lets say that's correct. What's the OP doing wrong? I don't have an Incredible so I'm not certain what they are missing. Something in the gmail setup?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
He's not selecting for the contact to sync with google. More choices wiith the HTC interface.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just skimmed this thread, so apologies if this is covered. Does this mean that you have the option on the Incredible to add contacts to another destination than Google. Could one, for example, add contacts that would synch with an email account with an Outlook client?

Serialkilla

Reaction score
No, I believe its just a google account,or locally to phone storage

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jb222 is 100% correct. Was having this same issue adding numbers that weren't showing up online.

Did a search and found his thread. Very happy he already found a solution, cause that most likely save me hours trying to figure it out myself. :)

Hey JB222, I also did a search found this write up that may help those users that already have a numerous amount of numbers already set to "phone". Haven't tried it myself.

1) Go to the 'Market'
2) Search ContactSync
3) Download and Install
4) Run program and it will transfer any Phone Contacts to Google ones.
5) Go into 'Settings'
6) Now click on 'Data Synchronisation'.
7) Scroll down to 'Contacts' and ensure the tick box is marked. Even if it is not untick it and retick it and will start to synchronise.
8) Give 5 mins+ and it should be done.

I did a little more seaching and found that HTC sense UI has always had contact type feature work this way. Why? I couldn't tell you.

Last edited:

Rich734

Reaction score
Can't find the program you mentioned, ContactSync in the market. Did you type it wrong or am I just not finding it?

I have the same problem; I noticed the "phone" drop down list when first entering a contact but wasn't aware that this didn't allow syncing with Google. I have LOTS of contacts that need syncing! Thanks...

Rich

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't find the program you mentioned, ContactSync in the market. Did you type it wrong or am I just not finding it?

I have the same problem; I noticed the "phone" drop down list when first entering a contact but wasn't aware that this didn't allow syncing with Google. I have LOTS of contacts that need syncing! Thanks...

Rich

Those directions were quoted from another page. I did find this, but don't know if its the same one in the directions. It might not be designed for this issue, but then again who cares as long as it works.

ContactsSync v1.1.9 Application for Android | Tools

Last edited:

Rich734

Reaction score
Hmmm, it looks like that is only for importing Outlook contacts into the phone. Oh well...

I'm sure that someone will eventually come up with an app that will address this issue. Thanks,

Rich

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, it looks like that is only for importing Outlook contacts into the phone. Oh well...

I'm sure that someone will eventually come up with an app that will address this issue. Thanks,

Rich

Well from what I read some have used it for just this issue, even if its not designed for it. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot Rich :).

The only other way is to re-input all those "phone contacts" from you're pc (typing them in you're google account, syncs them to your phone automatically). Much easier then re-inputting on the phone.

Last edited: