No 3g

HTC1

Reaction score
since Christmas I only get 4g at home and 1x everywhere else

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd say that's pretty good...so long as it's more 4G than 1x. However if I were you, I'd use LTE switch to turn 4G off and see if 3G ever appears. If not, I'd exchange the phone.

OP
H

HTC1

Reaction score
Has there been an outage

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not for at least a week. And it's usually the 4G that goes down, not the 3G. Call Verizon if you really think there's a service problem.

racingbmwm3

Reaction score
same problem with my Rezound and my wife's Stratosphere started same time. 4G works where available in Seattle area, 1x everywhere else. Tested throughout Puget Sound area and the Olympic Peninsula. Assuming some type of network issue.

mckeeseth

Reaction score
I live in Minneapolis which is 4G everywhere and it has worked great since I got it back in November. This past weekend, however, I traveled to Iowa and experienced the same issue. I found that if I disable LTE and switched to "CDMA Only" in 'Settings --> Wireless & Networks --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode' it alleviated the problem. It also worked when I rebooted the phone or toggled airplane mode when in a 3G only area.

OP
H

HTC1

Reaction score
Is it a phone or network issue?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it a phone or network issue?

Who knows, could be both. I know Verizon has had a few outages, but complete outages, nothing like what you described.

Burnicus

Reaction score
This is pathetic

Got my Rezound Monday. Haven't had any 3G coverage yet. Today tried forcing it into CDMA only mode, and still no 3G. Now the thing has crashed and is in a constant reboot loop.

The screen on this thing is great, but the HTC UI is aweful. I'm very close to just moving to Apple. I understand dealing with quirks and bugs, but this is ridiculous.

Burnicus

Reaction score
Got my Rezound Monday. Haven't had any 3G coverage yet. Today tried forcing it into CDMA only mode, and still no 3G. Now the thing has crashed and is in a constant reboot loop.

The screen on this thing is great, but the HTC UI is aweful. I'm very close to just moving to Apple. I understand dealing with quirks and bugs, but this is ridiculous.

VZ admitted that this was being reported by mutiple users. Changing the setting from cdma/lte to cmda only is causing the OS to crash for some users (me for example). I am having a replacement device sent out, but I am not hopeful that this is going to help as this appears to be sloppy code in the LTE/CDMA settings.

Am I missing something? Is this really a hardware issue? Interested in any opinions as I make the rounds between HTC, VZW, and Google..... (I have visions of Steve Jobs dancing/laughing in my head)