Has HTC acknowledged or said anything about the 3G problems?

hoboX10

Reaction score
Exactly as the title asks, has HTC said ANYTHING about the 3G issue for the Rezound? As far as I know, the problem is pretty much with every phone. If you are connected to 3G, then go into a 4G area, once you leave it your phone cannot reconnect to the 3G and only uses either 1X or no data at all. It's so annoying!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a problem on mine.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

kimintenn

Reaction score
I haven't had a problem switching between 3G, 4G and 1x either.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Not a problem on mine. You must have it confused with the Galaxy Nexus. Mine did that and that's one reason I got rid of it.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
My gnex and zound both don't have this problem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BWJunior

Reaction score
As mentioned, I've never experienced this on my Rezound but returned my Gnex partly because of this exact issue

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
OT, The Rezound generally doesn't have a problem switching between 1x/3G/4G. Your handset might though. Might be worth your while to get it replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiakaye18

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with this either. Maybe the cell towers in your actual area are having maintenance done? I know that when ours are being worked on, signal goes out like that.

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
Dang, most of you really don't have this problem? If you google Rezound 3G issue there's a million complaints about it. Ugh, I don't want to trade in my phone, but it looks like I might have to.

If I move an app to SD card storage and save it on my computer, does that save the app saved data like for a game?

STINGER

Reaction score
I have limited experience as I have only traveled into and out of a 4G zone 4 times since I got my phone the day after XMAS but I had no issues at all my phone swtiched to 4G when entering and back to 3G when leaving the area without issues ................ like I said only had minimal experience but my rezound is still batting a thousand in that dept.

Escobar

Reaction score
I have problems when I leave 4G areas connecting back to 4G from 3G. And every day I have to restart the phone once or twice to get it to connect to 4G.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

OP
hoboX10

hoboX10

Reaction score
I think HTC fixed this with the OTA update today! However I had a problem switch from 3G to 4G this time... Might be a new mistake they created but it is too early to tell.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have this problem too. Its almost exactly how its described in the OP. For me it happens in bad to no reception areas. I mostly noticed it when at work and I'm leaving for the day. Spots in my building I get no signal. Once outside it all should come back. It doesnt until I reboot it. Every time it happened was when I was leaving work.

And so far the update didnt fix it. Happened to me 2 times before the update, once after. I will try to get it exchanged....see if that helps. And yes there are topics about this on other forums. First one I saw was at another site.

Great thing about carrying more than 1 phone...you can tell if its network or phone related.

Last edited: