Nitro Desk Touchdown

PARick

Reaction score
I just uninstalled Touchdown on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.2, then reinstalled the newest version from the Market called "Touchdown for Smartphones." (version 7.something) It shows on my screen as Touchdown for Android 2.0, but worked fine right after I installed it. However, now I am getting the error "Push Suspended--too many timeouts in one minute," and it won't download the latest emails from my corporate Exchange server. It worked fine for a couple years on my former Motorola Droid (the previous version). I'm using the same Touchdown license that I paid for two years ago. The new Touchdown app was installed using ActiveSync with SSL. My IT folks don't have a clue. Any suggestions? Thanks. chashood

I am using the same version on my Galaxy Nexus with 0 problems. hate to ask a dumb question, but could you have another device where the password has not been reset after expiring?

chashood

Reaction score
I am using the same version on my Galaxy Nexus with 0 problems. hate to ask a dumb question, but could you have another device where the password has not been reset after expiring?

Not a dumb question at all. In fact, I just reset my Exchange password at work a few days ago, but both intallations of the Touchdown Client on the Nexus (including the latest reinstall) were after that, using my newer, current Exchange password. I DO have the old Droid still with the old Touchdown installation still on it, but it's no longer activated with Verizon, since the Nexus took its place on the same phone number account. Wondering if it's in my settings somewhere. I have it set to Manual push so I can only download new emails when I choose to sync, not automatically. And I saw something about "defer server" in this thread, but I don't have the phone with me and don't know how I have that set. Thanks. chashood

PARick

Reaction score
Is the old one used on wifi any? Have you touched the liscense key app? Sorry, grasping at straws.

chashood

Reaction score
Is the old one used on wifi any? Have you touched the liscense key app? Sorry, grasping at straws.
No, the old Droid has not been turned on lately. I DID reinstall the license key app, after installing and configuring the basic Touchdown app, per the instructions from Touchdown. I'm kinda grasping at straws, too, and may just try the Nexus's native Corporate account client, which allows Exchange access. But I've really liked the rock solid Touchdown and the control it gives til now. And the problem could be on our IT end.

PARick

Reaction score
No, the old Droid has not been turned on lately. I DID reinstall the license key app, after installing and configuring the basic Touchdown app, per the instructions from Touchdown. I'm kinda grasping at straws, too, and may just try the Nexus's native Corporate account client, which allows Exchange access. But I've really liked the rock solid Touchdown and the control it gives til now. And the problem could be on our IT end.

I have found their support to be very responsive. Maybe this will help:

Support

chashood

Reaction score
I have found their support to be very responsive. Maybe this will help:

Support

Your Support link did help. As you said, the folks at Nitrodesk were very responsive. After sending them my error log, they told me to go to Settings...Connection...Fetch and Trust Certificate and make sure it's selected. (I had not selected it originally because it says "not recommended"). Then do Quick Configuration from Settings...Account. That fixed it, and all is well. I've used Touchdown for two years, and I'm very happy with the product and, now, their customer support. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

stevenator65

Reaction score
Thanks!

Your Support link did help. As you said, the folks at Nitrodesk were very responsive. After sending them my error log, they told me to go to Settings...Connection...Fetch and Trust Certificate and make sure it's selected. (I had not selected it originally because it says "not recommended"). Then do Quick Configuration from Settings...Account. That fixed it, and all is well. I've used Touchdown for two years, and I'm very happy with the product and, now, their customer support. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

I just got a galaxy s3 and had the same problem as you. I read your post, clicked the Fetch and Trust Cert, and it worked! Thanks for the help.