Nitro Desk Touchdown

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Any setting to forward and e-mail in the standard format as opposed to as another attachment?

PARick

Reaction score
Does it do that consistently? Perhaps others' system only does this. I see no settings to change that, and mine doesn't do that. It forwards it like normal.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
It does do it consistently but not when I used a Blackberry. I am not aware of any settings.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a setting on your Exchange server. Whenever i forward emails from TD, it's just a regularly forwarded email, not as an attachment.

PARick

Reaction score
It does do it consistently but not when I used a Blackberry. I am not aware of any settings.

The only thing may be ....in advanced settings make sure "enable html email" is checked.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
That sounds like a setting on your Exchange server. Whenever i forward emails from TD, it's just a regularly forwarded email, not as an attachment.

Interesting because it doesnt happen with other mail. I disabled html e-mail and clicked on for smart forwarding item. See if that helps

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i also have "enable html email" checked. and, when you make changes in settings, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the screen and hit "save"...

mikedav1

Reaction score
I have been using it for close to a year now. Only problems I have had were internal on the mail server. The app has been 99% flawless. (nothing is perfect)

jsprain

Reaction score
Just updated the version of Touchdown to 6.4 yesterday (2-15-11) and since the update my email has not been synching. I get the "Push suspended, too many timeouts in one minute" message. I am checking with my network admins, but I am wondering if this is an issue with the new software version. I have a motorola Droid on Verizon. I have shut the phone down. I have even pulled the battery. None of those things have been able to get it to start synching again.

Anyone else having issue with the new version?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just updated the version of Touchdown to 6.4 yesterday (2-15-11) and since the update my email has not been synching. I get the "Push suspended, too many timeouts in one minute" message. I am checking with my network admins, but I am wondering if this is an issue with the new software version. I have a motorola Droid on Verizon. I have shut the phone down. I have even pulled the battery. None of those things have been able to get it to start synching again.

I updated it after i saw your message, at first it wouldn't sync, but i went back in and reconfigured it again and it worked fine. Seemed like it lost the config even though it was there.

PARick

Reaction score

Works great for me. Go into settings and make sure "as items arrive" is checked instead of manually. Updating sometimes causes that.

chashood

Reaction score
I just uninstalled Touchdown on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.2, then reinstalled the newest version from the Market called "Touchdown for Smartphones." (version 7.something) It shows on my screen as Touchdown for Android 2.0, but worked fine right after I installed it. However, now I am getting the error "Push Suspended--too many timeouts in one minute," and it won't download the latest emails from my corporate Exchange server. It worked fine for a couple years on my former Motorola Droid (the previous version). I'm using the same Touchdown license that I paid for two years ago. The new Touchdown app was installed using ActiveSync with SSL. My IT folks don't have a clue. Any suggestions? Thanks. chashood

chashood

Reaction score
I just uninstalled Touchdown on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.2, then reinstalled the newest version from the Market called "Touchdown for Smartphones." (version 7.something) It shows on my screen as Touchdown for Android 2.0, but worked fine right after I installed it. However, now I am getting the error "Push Suspended--too many timeouts in one minute," and it won't download the latest emails from my corporate Exchange server. It worked fine for a couple years on my former Motorola Droid (the previous version). I'm using the same Touchdown license that I paid for two years ago. The new Touchdown app was installed using ActiveSync with SSL. My IT folks don't have a clue. Any suggestions? Thanks. chashood
Sorry. Looks like I should have posted this in the Galaxy Nexus forum.