Nitro Desk Touchdown

Nybowtech

Reaction score
Has anyone been having any issues with this App? I have had it installed now for well over 6 months. I have it syncing with the Exchange server in our office. This morning I find out my inbox is not syncing and I have a message that says "Push suspended, too many timeouts in one minute".

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PARick

Reaction score
If you have a task killer, make sure it is not being killed.
Makes sure your polling is selected.
Make sure your 3G is running.
My has worked flawlessly since day one.

OP
N

Nybowtech

Reaction score
PARick - Thanks for the information and quick response. My IT guy just came through and told us that there is an issue with the OWA (outlook web access) so it's an internal problem.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was about to say no problems here. I did have some trouble when I accidentally installed the wrong version (for pre-2.0 devices).

danwanna

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of issues following the latest Droid OTA update. It is causing my phone to lockup all the time. I was sent a replacement D1 and it did the same thing. They are sending me a D2 now to see if it works better.

I was a happy Touchdown user for 10 months prior to this update.

LT*

Reaction score
Any solutions. I would hate to return the phone.

If you're having the same issue as the OP, his issue was not with Touchdown, but on the other end. Perhaps checking with your exchange administrator might help. I use Touchdown, and for the most part, it works well. every now and then it will have "push" issues, and if a manual sync doesn't fix it, then a reboot usually does.

PARick

Reaction score
Any solutions. I would hate to return the phone.

If you're having the same issue as the OP, his issue was not with Touchdown, but on the other end. Perhaps checking with your exchange administrator might help. I use Touchdown, and for the most part, it works well. every now and then it will have "push" issues, and if a manual sync doesn't fix it, then a reboot usually does.

LT is right on. The only other thing I would suggest is an occasional battery pull. Mine went funky the other day, I rebooted...nothing. Then rebooted with battery pull and it worked perfect. And, occasionally, the polling for some reason reverts to "manual check" insted "as items arrive". Also, I have found Nitro to be very responsive as well. You may fing your answer at:

Support

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Thank you. I am reading about a lot of the same issue from months ago and wasnt sure if a remedy.

PARick

Reaction score
Has Touchdown ever worked for you? If so, you may want to check with your administrators to ensure Activesync is istill attached to your account. You can also try to reconfigure the settings. If it never has worked, it could be in entering your user name. For examble, if your name wore John Doe, you may have to enter admin/jdoe.

akosnitzky

Reaction score
It is working for me at times. I notice now there is a 45 min delay on my sent e-mails to the exchange server.

PARick

Reaction score
Sounds like your email is being "pushed" as opposed to synced with your account. I would go through the auto discovery process to reestablish your activesync status. That's my 2 cents. That and a buck 50 will get you a cup of cofee!:)

akosnitzky

Reaction score
I reconfigured and also unchecked defer server. That made a difference.