1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ninjamorph a Widget's icon? Yes!

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Xerrus, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Xerrus

Xerrus New Member

Alrighty so I use a task killer on my phone (yeah yeah I don't need it but I'm addicted to pressing the widget okay!?).

I have the task killer widget on my home screen and it's such an eyesore compared to the rest of my nice neat minimalistic look. So I get the bright idea to use ninjamorph to edit the widget's icon.

Long story short, I succeeded. I made the widget transparent. Only catch is when I restart my phone for whatever reason my progress is lost. The program is usually completely deleted from my system and thus my widget is gone and I have to start from scratch.

My question: how can I prevent this? When I edit the images of any app I've downloaded this happens. There must be a say of preventing the app(s) from uninstalling themselves upon reboot and still retaining my changes to their files.

Input?

Sent from my DROID X