Disappearing icon after taking off the dock?

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I am not sure if the dock is the cause, but it seems to be linked. Every morning after I take my phone off the dock (after charging it the entire night), it seems that I can open any program (from messaging to email), and when I return to the home page, everything is wipe off. This is includes the weather channel widget I have. Everything else seem to work. I have been experiencing this problem for the last couple of days now. I uninstall any and all recent apps that I download but it seem to have no effect in solving the issue.

My next attempt to correct the problem is downloading the Advanced Task Manager Free and uninstalling the other task killer ( the one located under Verizon tab).

I know this has been discuss before but no one seem to have any solution besides restarting your phone. Has anyone made any progress with this problem? Any solutions?

hinky

Reaction score
Android is like Windows of old. If this were Microsoft, Google would get plastered for how many bugs exist in Android v2.0....

... and it's made even worse with all the questionable programming...

thedroidgeek

Reaction score
I don't agree. Android is free and open and allows for any developer to create applications on their platform. The reason the homescreen process froze was because I installed some junky application and after I removed my icons never disappeared again. If you want closed and uncustomizable get an iPhone. If you want to have the freedom to install and customize your phone to your hearts content, stick with Android.