Nightlies in Rom Manager Premium for CM7?

ksalce

Reaction score
I've been hearing that the nightlies for cm7 are supposed to be in Rom Manager Premium but I still have yet to see them there. Any ideas on when they are supposed to be available to download from rom manager? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
It's there. I have the free version of rom manager and it's there (I just can't access it) so I know you have it. Tap download rom and there it is.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod7!

pressguy27

Reaction score
Yes you can get the latest d2 rom from that site if you don't want to get the premium verison of rom manager

pressguy27

Reaction score
How do I identify the correct download?

When you go to the website over on the left side there is a list of devices, cdma_droid2 is for the d2 and it will take to the nightly builds

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM4D2 unnoficial nightly links

You can also grab from above link - one of the CM4D2 developers keeps this page up and puts "custom" nightlies there that include two fixes not in the CM nightlies yet:

- Torch FC
- 1% battery increments in status bar battery display

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
I have premium rom manager and I still don't see it......where is at? I see nothing that says anything about cyanogen mod besides forkup which shows nothing when I click on it

jimberg

Reaction score
CM4D2 unnoficial nightly links

You can also grab from above link - one of the CM4D2 developers keeps this page up and puts "custom" nightlies there that include two fixes not in the CM nightlies yet:

- Torch FC
- 1% battery increments in status bar battery display

I would run the newest from here for now. Seems to be better until the fixes make it into the official nightlies. Just my 0.02...

Sent from my cyanogenized DROID2 using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have premium rom manager and I still don't see it......where is at? I see nothing that says anything about cyanogen mod besides forkup which shows nothing when I click on it

Something's messed up - you should not see Forkup in the Download list, you should see:

Premium:

- Cyanogen Nightlies

Free:

- CyanogenMod
- Extras
- cvpcs
- Beesley's Build.Props

etc.

When you first launched ROM Manager you may have selected the wrong device... what Recovery version are you showing at the the top of the screen in ROM Manger...should say:

Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
Current Recovery: 2.5.0.8
Latest Recovery: 2.5.0.8

If you have anything else, I think you're going to need to uninstall CW Recovery, re-install, and make sure you select Droid2 as your device the first time you launch CWR.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
Thank you so much I tried what you said and it worked. It was driving me crazy not being able to download from rom manager. Downloading the latest build now :)

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
So I just flashed CM7 build 5 earlier today and now have an update for build 6, which I want to flash. Do I need to wipe data/cache when I install the new build or can I install right over the previous build?

sent from my DROID2 running CM7

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can install right over, but if you end up w/issues you'll have to wipe to ensure that your issues aren't related to a "rom over rom" problem, as opposed to an actual bug.

I tend to so several nightlies in a row over each other, and do a wipe if/when issues come up that I want/need to resolve or report as a bug, then do a few more nightlies over each other, etc.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
That's kind of a bummer. I don't want to have to set everything up again but oh well.

One more thing....everytime I receive a message (text, email;whatevs) the LED light stays on and scrolls thru a bunch of different colors. I tried to remedy it thru the CM Settings but nothing seems to work. Any ideas there? Or should I just install the nightly, wipe and start from scratch?

sent from my Liberated Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

Last edited: