whats happening to my phone?

mgarney26

Reaction score
so stupid question. i downloaded the nightly #63 to my droid 2 coming from rooted gingerbread using rom manager premium. after the download was done, my phone restarted to the homescreen without actually installing it...did i do something wrong?

roblusk71

Reaction score
so stupid question. i downloaded the nightly #63 to my droid 2 coming from rooted gingerbread using rom manager premium. after the download was done, my phone restarted to the homescreen without actually installing it...did i do something wrong?

Did you use a cm74d2gb nightly? If not that is the problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The official CM7 nightlies still boot off the same kernel that froyo ROMs do. these are the ones that you can find in ROM Manager.

If you want CM7 and you want to stay on the kernel that GB uses then you need to download one of the unofficial nightlies from revnumbers.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
i just went to the nightlies and downloaded build 63 as all i saw were the different build numbers. when i click the regular cyanogen mod part on the rom manager all i get is a blank screen.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
The official CM7 nightlies still boot off the same kernel that froyo ROMs do. these are the ones that you can find in ROM Manager.

If you want CM7 and you want to stay on the kernel that GB uses then you need to download one of the unofficial nightlies from revnumbers.
how do i do this?

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well you said that it didn't install so no need to uninstall it. You could delete the file from your SD card since you don't need it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Well you said that it didn't install so no need to uninstall it. You could delete the file from your SD card since you don't need it.

ok...imm also a little confused about the thread you posted for me to take a look at. i got the gb ota the other day, do i still need to sbf back to froyo or is there a way around this?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry not trying to confuse you. I thought you meant uninstall the cm7 nightly. Without the added detail you were talking about the ota I wasn't sure you meant that.

The thread I linked you too has instructions on how to do it if you are on the ota already. I believe it was option 2 in the instructions. You do not need to sbf but I have never tried the option if already on the ota so I can't really comment on it.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Sorry not trying to confuse you. I thought you meant uninstall the cm7 nightly. Without the added detail you were talking about the ota I wasn't sure you meant that.

The thread I linked you too has instructions on how to do it if you are on the ota already. I believe it was option 2 in the instructions. You do not need to sbf but I have never tried the option if already on the ota so I can't really comment on it.

yeah i really just want cm7 on my phone and as you can tell im a newb...i have heard great things about it and thought i could just download it from the rom manager. do you know of a way to do it from there? sorry for bombarding you

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Its ok. Are you rooted?

If so then you can download the nightly that requires the same kernel as gb and move it to your phone. After that you can install it with rom manager.

The ones you need if you are on the ota are unofficial ones. So you can't download them directly from rom manager yet.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Its ok. Are you rooted?

If so then you can download the nightly that requires the same kernel as gb and move it to your phone. After that you can install it with rom manager.

The ones you need if you are on the ota are unofficial ones. So you can't download them directly from rom manager yet.

i am rooted...is there a way that i can download it straight to my phone so i dont have to place it on my sd card from my computer as i am at work right now and will get fried if i install anything on to the company computer...lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You could go to the thread I linked you to. There is a link in that thread that you can download it.

There is lots of info in that thread. Pretty much everything you will need to download or know is there or linked for you.