NFL Mobile App on Verizon

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I have a question about the Verizon NFL Mobile app.

With the ability to see live games that match your area's TV coverage I am able to get the games I can see on my HD tier of my TW Cable lineup.

I happen to live between 2 major markets and get one city's channels in HD and the other's in SD. Also, I live outside my team's "area" and have to rely on the SD affiliate to show my game.

Problem is they choose between my team and the team that is from the city I get the HD channels from and often squeeze me and others in this part of the state out.

Now, let's keep switching to DirecTV and getting Sunday Ticket as a separate conversation.

OK, is there a way to make the NFL Mobile app think I'm somewhere else? Namely, my team's "area".

Now I have ranted on other boards about the ancient system we are still stuck with (same way it was done in the 70s, maybe earlier as far as I know) and how affiliates decide which game to show that aren't considered part of a team's area. Some desk jockey executive that probably hates football make the decision which game YOU get to watch.

Anyways...is there a way to do what I want?

Thanks!

rhodyvik

Reaction score
I have a question about the Verizon NFL Mobile app.

With the ability to see live games that match your area's TV coverage I am able to get the games I can see on my HD tier of my TW Cable lineup.

I happen to live between 2 major markets and get one city's channels in HD and the other's in SD. Also, I live outside my team's "area" and have to rely on the SD affiliate to show my game.

Problem is they choose between my team and the team that is from the city I get the HD channels from and often squeeze me and others in this part of the state out.

Now, let's keep switching to DirecTV and getting Sunday Ticket as a separate conversation.

OK, is there a way to make the NFL Mobile app think I'm somewhere else? Namely, my team's "area".

Now I have ranted on other boards about the ancient system we are still stuck with (same way it was done in the 70s, maybe earlier as far as I know) and how affiliates decide which game to show that aren't considered part of a team's area. Some desk jockey executive that probably hates football make the decision which game YOU get to watch.

Anyways...is there a way to do what I want?

Thanks!
Hey man -- have you gotten any PM's about this post? I wanted to start a new thread asking almost exactly the same thing. I'm a Bills fan but live in Boston. I want to figure out a way to "change my location" so I'm in Buffalo. Yeah some games get blacked out and are available ONLY on Sunday Ticket or the city we're playing against. Let me know. Thanks.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It depends how they look at your location. If they use the GPS your stuck. My guess is they look at your IP. If so, you can get an IP blocker and change your location. The issue is, do they have an IP location in an area that you can get the game you want to see.

Google
"hide my IP" and see if it will work for you.

rhodyvik

Reaction score
It depends how they look at your location. If they use the GPS your stuck. My guess is they look at your IP. If so, you can get an IP blocker and change your location. The issue is, do they have an IP location in an area that you can get the game you want to see.

Google
"hide my IP" and see if it will work for you.
Okay thank you. And what do you mean by IP location in Buffalo? If I think what you're thinking, then yes, Verizon NFL Mobile variant works for people in Buffalo when wanting to watch the Bills play at home.